Hot Seat

GoBigRed

5 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

fwiw, USA Today doesn't publish on weekends, so the soonest this supposed story would run would be Monday morning. I guess they'd break it online if it were important, but this isn't important to anyone outside of Nebraska.

It isn't important to most people inside the state of Nebraska.

43 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Some young hungry sports writer probably does have the dirt but when they ran the story by their editor the editor said there's absolutely no way they're wasting any time or space on a story about Nebraska Basketball...No one cares about them Youngblood.

43 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

A couple months ago I heard a similar "story" was breaking at Creighton and nothing ever came from that rumor either.  Methinks someone out there is giggling about their misguided ability to create sports panic.  

What a tool.

Scott Gleeson was the name being thrown out.

Bryce is now shooting a robust 21.1% from 3. Unsurprisingly he’s been allowed to take 57 attempts this year, second-most on the team. Fred tells us the players are going to have less freedom to do what they want and be more structured, and they go out and shoot 5-29 with Bryce taking 8 three attempts and 6 two attempts. I mean, come on. 

16 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Bryce is now shooting a robust 21.1% from 3. Unsurprisingly he’s been allowed to take 57 attempts this year, second-most on the team. Fred tells us the players are going to have less freedom to do what they want and be more structured, and they go out and shoot 5-29 with Bryce taking 8 three attempts and 6 two attempts. I mean, come on. 

Green light baby.

I honestly hate watching Bryce play.  It’s not just he shoots threes and is bad at it.  It is the horrible shot selection and momentum killing decisions he makes.  He will take a 27 foot contested step back three less than 10 seconds into the shot clock.  

And then you’ll see him glide effortlessly to the basket for an easy layup when a driving lane is available.  It’s maddening to watch.

Edited by busticket

5 minutes ago, busticket said:

Green light baby.

I honestly hate watching Bryce play.  It’s not just he shoots threes and is bad at it.  It is the horrible shot selection and momentum killing decisions he makes.  He will take a 27 foot contested step back three less than 10 seconds into the shot clock.  

And then you’ll see him glide effortlessly to the basket for an easy layup when a driving lane is available.  It’s maddening to watch.

Leave it to Nebraska to have a five-star high school player finally accept a scholarship and he turns out to be merely ordinary. Every team with a five-star high school player NU plays at least distinguishes himself. Not NU!

5 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Leave it to Nebraska to have a five-star high school player finally accept a scholarship and he turns out to be merely ordinary. Every team with a five-star high school player NU plays at least distinguishes himself. Not NU!

I was slightly nervous about how physically unimposing he was, but I thought his 40+ percentage from 3 in HS would carry over. Well he’s carried over half of that. 

Edited by GoBigFred

Looking back, perhaps it should have been a major red flag when Fred acknowledged he didn’t like to recruit and that’s why he went to the NBA. It’s become painfully clear that their “plan” has been to bring in as many guys who are or were once “highly rated” by someone, somewhere, and figure out later how to make a team out of it. Well, it ain’t happenin’. 

6 minutes ago, busticket said:

Green light baby.

I hate his defense. I was trying to think of a worse perimeter defender I've seen in my lifetime at Nebraska and I can't come up with one off the top of my head. The sad thing is, CJ, Keisei and Kobe are pretty close. They just give more effort. 

Having said that, there are players on the team I dislike watching play more than Bryce. Brutal. 

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

I hate his defense. I was trying to think of a worse perimeter defender I've seen in my lifetime at Nebraska and I can't come up with one off the top of my head. The sad thing is, CJ, Keisei and Kobe are pretty close. They just give more effort. 

Having said that, there are players on the team I dislike watching play more than Bryce. Brutal. 

I don’t think there is a single player on the team I like watching play, to be honest. 

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

Jaron Boone.  And it isn’t even close.

That’s not a defense of Bryce’s defense at all.  Boone was epically atrocious to the level you knew the Conference player of the week was the guy Jaron was guarding.  

Bryce is merely terrible.  I want to say he is young and will get better, but he looks like he played way too much AAU ball.

5 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Lat is my least favorite.

Well, Bryce McGowens likely will not be at NU next season, nor will his brother, whom I do like a lot. Before the season that would have bothered me (Bryce not returning). Now? Who cares?

Furthermore when looking at the roster for next season they will lose Verge, Jr., probably Walker, Webster (who at least plays with some fire), Mayen (no production) and Lakes (whose lack of playing time baffles me since he seems to be the only player who can shoot the three...?!) So who does that leave? Tominaga, Wilcher and Andre and Breidenbach if he recovers and wants to play for a shitty team. Wow. The idea that McPherson, Edwards and Kojenets will produce in the Big Ten next year is ridiculous. They don't see one minute of playing time on the worst Power Six team in the land this season. What is Hoiberg doing? Saving them for next season? My question to you faithful fans is as follows: is there a head coach in America who can put a staff together at NU that won't suck ***K by choice- to quote from the great "Deadwood"? 

Screen_Shot_2019_06_03_at_1.54.24_PM.0.jpg