Hot Seat

GoBigRed

2 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Screenshot_20211214-220131_Twitter.jpg

I don't mean to be Conspiracy Charlie here - but there was clearly something going on. You don't have your #1 recruiting guy take a leave of absence, rumors swirl, and the dad of two of your players tweet this - and nothing was going on. Something clearly had to get sorted out, miscommunication or not. 

6 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

I mean journalism is just being a carney with a pen rather than the tilt-a-whirl, get everyone in the door with the promise of the craziest thing you’ve ever seen and then take their money.  New age PT barnham half the time.  

The bigger issue is that you think this bathroom stall door you're reading here has anything to do with journalism

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

I don't mean to be Conspiracy Charlie here - but there was clearly something going on. You don't have your #1 recruiting guy take a leave of absence, rumors swirl, and the dad of two of your players tweet this - and nothing was going on. Something clearly had to get sorted out, miscommunication or not. 

On the Husker Online boards, Washut made it seem like something might still come out today. We'll see what happens.

36 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

What'd he say? I try to avoid the eye and brain cancer that comes from reading that site. 

Honestly that was it. Just that he heard every rumor in the book regarding Matt A and he thinks there's too much smoke for something not to be going on. And he thought that we might learn more today from either some national media outlet or from Fred himself at the presser.

1 minute ago, OmahaHusker said:

Honestly that was it. Just that he heard every rumor in the book regarding Matt A and he thinks there's too much smoke for something not to be going on. And he thought that we might learn more today from either some national media outlet or from Fred himself at the presser.

Yeah I had my brother send me the RSS stuff... Kinda blown away to hear Washut insinuate that there still might be something coming out in the national media, and to address some of the specific, wilder, rumors. He's usually not that loose with his words or willing to be specific on things. That has to be some reason for alarm, right? 

30 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Yeah I had my brother send me the RSS stuff... Kinda blown away to hear Washut insinuate that there still might be something coming out in the national media, and to address some of the specific, wilder, rumors. He's usually not that loose with his words or willing to be specific on things. That has to be some reason for alarm, right? 

Thought the same thing. Usually if he knows there's nothing there he doesn't get into it. 

3 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

You can call anything a health issue these days, including stress. 

I have a co-worker who is not coming into work for what I could call 'a health issue' because his young daughter went to the hospital with a broken bone and they found a tumor.  In no way am I saying that this has happened nor am I saying that I know know about Matt A's health issues; i'm pointing out that enough stress can break a person.

51 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I don't know about that. My brother in law coaches men's tennis at Wisconsin and he was texting me about it. Not saying he's substantial, but its definitely out there.

The discussion was on the front page of r/CollegeBasketball for like a day, so it was definitely pretty relevant national "news".

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I have a co-worker who is not coming into work for what I could call 'a health issue' because his young daughter went to the hospital with a broken bone and they found a tumor.  In no way am I saying that this has happened nor am I saying that I know know about Matt A's health issues; i'm pointing out that enough stress can break a person.

Oh I get it and I agree. That’a why I was implying they aren’t actually lying when they say he’s out with a health issue. If they actually said exactly what happened, it would be very bad for him moving forward. Maybe it’s not too late yet, I don’t know. 

Washut is saying he doesn't know anything beyond rumors--which are all over the place.

The most he says is this: "More information should come out today, whether by USA Today or another national media outlet with an exposé, or from Hoiberg himself during this morning’s media session."  

Question: Why would a USA Today or other national news outlet be interested in an expose' on Nebrasketball?  That's newsworthy on a national scene?  On football . . . maybe.  On volleyball . . . maybe.  On bowling or rifle . . . a long shot.  But men's basketball?

A bunch of dirt may well come out . . . but until it does, here's guessing that most of this is speculation or fabrication around the "health issues" departure. 

57 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Washut is saying he doesn't know anything beyond rumors--which are all over the place.

The most he says is this: "More information should come out today, whether by USA Today or another national media outlet with an exposé, or from Hoiberg himself during this morning’s media session."  

Question: Why would a USA Today or other national news outlet be interested in an expose' on Nebrasketball?  That's newsworthy on a national scene?  On football . . . maybe.  On volleyball . . . maybe.  On bowling or rifle . . . a long shot.  But men's basketball?

A bunch of dirt may well come out . . . but until it does, here's guessing that most of this is speculation or fabrication around the "health issues" departure. 

I'm guessing since it's almost 2pm that nothing came out during this morning's media session?  I can't even find video of it...normally they do these live. 

14 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

I'm guessing since it's almost 2pm that nothing came out during this morning's media session?  I can't even find video of it...normally they do these live. 

Nebraska seems be pretty inconsistent about what they put online in terms of press conferences

Husker Online always does though

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

If the people in the know that Washut regularly talks to are saying such rumors even to him, and he's relaying that, then I would think something is up. It all just seems strange. 

1 minute ago, OmahaHusker said:

If the people in the know that Washut regularly talks to are saying such rumors even to him, and he's relaying that, then I would think something is up. It all just seems strange. 

Keep pushing that, proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Bugeaters1