Hot Seat

GoBigRed

46 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

I mean… There may be “no current or pending investigation,” but something is clearly up with Abdelmassih, and nobody’s been fooled. Only those who would genuinely believe he’s recruited 100% completely by the book since he’s been here.

I didn't expect or really want him to recruit 100% by the book which is why I was excited about him.  I just want to win basketball games, not go into business with the man.  I expected the shadiness to lead to a couple wins though....

20 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I got sent a text from a major jaysker and cu alum who told me a big article was going to drop soon from USA Today. That was about two hours ago. We are so inept we can’t even cheat well.

And someone asked who we cheated to get…at this point, who knows? Mack? Wilcher? Keon?? I mean, we had a lot of transfers that were fairly highly rated…

nothing better then having a CU alum deliver you bad news about your program,  if you are a Husker fan.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’m sure this will come as a let down to those who were hoping to see Fred fired by the weekend or those who take a perverse sense of delight seeing the program roasted on the Spit yet again…

First of all no one said they wanted Fred fired unless there is issues.  Secondly the statement from Trev doesnt mean anything at this point.  AZ, LSU, KU, Crayton, werent notified by NCAA until after the FBI story broke.  Where theres smoke there is usually fire and the fact Matt is gone and Mcgowens dad puts that out makes me believe something is yet to come.  As far as how serious or how minor we will find out. Interesting to see if there will be an article out this week or if nothing to see here.

10 minutes ago, coughunter said:

First of all no one said they wanted Fred fired unless there is issues.  Secondly the statement from Trev doesnt mean anything at this point.  AZ, LSU, KU, Crayton, werent notified by NCAA until after the FBI story broke.  Where theres smoke there is usually fire and the fact Matt is gone and Mcgowens dad puts that out makes me believe something is yet to come.  As far as how serious or how minor we will find out. Interesting to see if there will be an article out this week or if nothing to see here.

There’s a faction of this crowd out there & they know who they are…

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

Notes of NCAA Ad Hoc Committee on Possible Rules Infractions by Nebraska Men's Basketball

Brainstorm of potential punitive actions

post-season ban

multi-year post season ban

multi multi year post season ban

forfeit past NCAA tourney wins

forfeit last two seasons wins

require games to be officiated by Big Ten officials

forced to watch reruns of sex and the city

remove iPod docs from locker room showers

bring back shim shams for halftime entertainment

I think we'd plead down for the death penalty instead...

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Notes of NCAA Ad Hoc Committee on Possible Rules Infractions by Nebraska Men's Basketball

Brainstorm of potential punitive actions

post-season ban

multi-year post season ban

multi multi year post season ban

forfeit past NCAA tourney wins

forfeit last two seasons wins

require games to be officiated by Big Ten officials

forced to watch reruns of sex and the city

remove iPod docs from locker room showers

bring back shim shams for halftime entertainment

I'm venturing a guess here, but we'd probably get Shim Shams the Next Generation.  I'd guess a good portion if not all of the Shim Shames we saw the last time are all deceased. 

So, maybe something comes out still by the USA Today, but the specifics of the exact date being Friday make less and less sense of this story is as hard hitting as the rumor says it is…

So did we all just get duped by a troll who started a rumor and it spread like a wildfire during a high wind warning??

What about some on here that were hearing from their “guy” that’s typically reliable??? 

27 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

I went to the woman's game on Saturday and didn't pay any attention to the men's game.

going to the women's game was eye opening.

I don't think I'm going to go to any more men's games this year unless something changes.

but I will try to keep going to women's game.  

Why was it eye opening?