Hot Seat

GoBigRed

There were coaches on recorded FBI phone calls admitting to paying players and people barely cared.  Don't see how the worst basketball team in the country committing recruiting violations would be at all newsworthy other than the absurdness of it.  My money is on Twitter rumor that has been spun out of control in the tiny pocket of the world that is Nebrasketball fandom.  

10 minutes ago, Nebrasketballin said:

There were coaches on recorded FBI phone calls admitting to paying players and people barely cared.  Don't see how the worst basketball team in the country committing recruiting violations would be at all newsworthy other than the absurdness of it.  My money is on Twitter rumor that has been spun out of control in the tiny pocket of the world that is Nebrasketball fandom.  

Hope so. If that's the case I hope the university or a mouthpiece of the university says something so it stops festering. 

The “Hoiberg’s getting fired on Friday” part of this is the only part that I view as being blown out of proportion. Everything else, especially that pertaining to Mr. Abdelmassih is not even in the least bit surprising.

4 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Dangit! Was kinda prepared for a s***-storm. Just seemed fitting.

I've been all in on Fred from the beginning, including through our disaster of a season so far...so this is absolutely crazy but now that Trev has tweeted this, I have to agree. Makes the season so far feel empty knowing there's nothing more to it. We just flat out suck.

God, even your program's allegations are underwhelming disappointments 😩🤣🤮

/s

Personally I couldn't believe the story when I saw it on BJU .. but to see it get repeated on social media and other boards, plus connecting it to Matt's recent leave.. it made me wonder. And I still am somewhat suspicious about all the smoke in absence of a fire. 

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

The 1620 guys just said they still expect an article to come out based on what they've heard. Which is odd, because Trev is a calculated guy and I highly doubt he would put a statement like this out and just to have egg on his face literally hours later. 

Heard the same thing and they said they have known about this since Tuesday.  It sounds like something is still expected to drop on Friday but they are not 100% certain.  Trev's statement is curious unless he is setting the stage to claim he was lied to and is laying the grounds for termination with cause.  Just pure speculation.

With Matt A gone, it seemed to line up. Even seemed to fool the local radio guys were all acting like something was coming. 

I mean… There may be “no current or pending investigation,” but something is clearly up with Abdelmassih, and nobody’s been fooled. Only those who would genuinely believe he’s recruited 100% completely by the book since he’s been here.

Just now, hskr4life said:

I did find it interesting he addressed the “NCAA” when the rumors were about a national news outlet.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Would be a heck of a lot of smoke for a no fire situation but rumors run rampant in our athletics programs.

Mcgowen's father wouldn't put that tweet out if there wasn't something brewing.  This is not a nothing burger but in the grand scheme of egregious cheating, my guess is that this isn't the end of the world either.