Hot Seat

GoBigRed

On 12/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, Handy Johnson said:

It’s worth mentioning, everyone in Minnesota HATED that hire when it was made & frankly is still in somewhat of a state of disbelief.

I live in Minnesota currently and I will tell you that those that coach in the state and follow the gophers, this was a hire that was loved by the basketball community up here.   The average fan probably didn't like it, but the basketball community up here loved hire a basketball guy instead of trying to win the initial press conference.

3 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I live in Minnesota currently and I will tell you that those that coach in the state and follow the gophers, this was a hire that was loved by the basketball community up here.   The average fan probably didn't like it, but the basketball community up here loved hire a basketball guy instead of trying to win the initial press conference.

I’ll take your word for it, I was a long time resident who still listens to KFAN everyday & talks with my hoop friends up there on a regular basis. It’s nice to see him & the program off to a good start…

As a relatively old guy, my experience about rumors of the type we are hearing is that once the actual account of what really happened is reported, there is sometimes great disparity between the original rumor and what actually transpired. My sincere hope is that is what happens here. That being said, as a lifelong Nebrasketball fan, it would not surprise me if the worst possible scenario is true. Until then, I will maintain a modicum of hope that this won't be such a big deal. Forever, GBR! 

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Well...I just hope that whatever it is...the only penalty we face is that we have to forfeit all of our NCAA Tournament wins 

4 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

I agree that schools like Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky have all had major recruiting violations and got slapped on the wrists. But the NCAA is known for protecting some schools and hammering the others. If Nebraska did violate a major rule I could see them give some harsh penalties the University.

I hope I'm wrong.

Boy I hope it's not a post season ban, what will we ever do in March if they ban us from the tournament for a couple years?  Oh wait 

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Should have read the whole thread before posting.

lmao...this is nothing.  I'm on a couple of Lincoln Nebraska Facebook pages where someone will ask a question about Lincoln and 50-500 people will respond with the same answer in the comments.  Hell it's gotten to a point where the founder of the page will actually post a reminder to people to at least look at the comments before posting a response of their own. 

People do like to forget that since the whole “FBI investigating College Basketball” phenomenon hit 5 years ago. A grand total of 1 D1 head basketball coach at was fired for what came out of an investigation pertaining to their program. That man was Rick Pitino.

15 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

People do like to forget that since the whole “FBI investigating College Basketball” phenomenon hit 5 years ago. A grand total of 1 D1 head basketball coach at was fired for what came out of an investigation pertaining to their program. That man was Rick Pitino.

Sean Miller was as well.