Hot Seat

GoBigRed

You're effectively getting exactly what was posted, fwiw. 

Also - Robin Washut responded to posts on RSS yesterday basically saying "yeah I've heard these rumors and there seems to be a lot of smoke for there to be no fire." And I don't feel like he'd say that unless he was pretty sure something was going on. He's usually pretty tight lipped with drama. 

He sounded miserable on his radio appearance on 93.7 in Lincoln this morning.

Just listened to it and it sounded more like it was early in the morning and is a dad with young kids...

I mean it’s a spot he’s in every week for Jake and Sip’s show. Sipple in the next segment noted that Robin is “covering a train wreck” and the quartet of Sipple, Schaefer, Happer, and Jake all just chuckled and laughed when Schaefer responded to it being a train wreck by saying “and it sounds like it’s only gonna get worse.”

1 minute ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

I mean it’s a spot he’s in every week for Jake and Sip’s show. Sipple in the next segment noted that Robin is “covering a train wreck” and the quartet of Sipple, Schaefer, Happer, and Jake all just chuckled and laughed when Schaefer responded to it being a train wreck by saying “and it sounds like it’s only gonna get worse.”

I've listened to it before. Just saying it didn't sound that bad to me. He did say it's been a bit of a grind professionally, but I didn't think he sounded miserable...

13 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

This was my train of thought as well, guys like Sean miller, will wade and Bruce pearl have all done terrible recruiting violations and basically got slaps on the wrist.  Miller coached for 4 more years after they had him on tape paying a dude.  I’m not saying we didn’t do anything wrong, but the NCAA has shown again and again when it comes to rule enforcement they don’t really do much.  Also, with NIL now being a thing would it mean it has to be an infraction that isn’t money related?  That’s what scares me more than paying kids or buying them shoes or something.  I suppose if it’s true time will tell. 

I agree that schools like Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky have all had major recruiting violations and got slapped on the wrists. But the NCAA is known for protecting some schools and hammering the others. If Nebraska did violate a major rule I could see them give some harsh penalties the University.

I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Still...we don't need a new thread for every time someone has a thought.   

I understand that, He should have read through the posts to see if the topic was being discussed. I was just saying that he posts over on the women's side and not a johnny come lately guy.

Edited by Bugeaters1

25 minutes ago, 49r said:

@hhcmatt or @GoBigFred may want to update the thread title so we can avoid the mess we're starting to see from the Johnny come lately's.

WE ONLY NEED ONE THREAD FOLKS.  ALL THE DISCUSSION IS IN HERE!

i'll just merge threads here as needed. When the smoke turns into fire I can update the title.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Anyone know where that thread o other teams message boards went?  Was interested if any boards had gotten wind of this yet.

Here are 7 pages of discussion from the clones board. You could say they aren't the least bit surprised.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/hoiberg-and-nebraska-basketball-in-trouble.268662/

Just now, hskr4life said:

Ughh.. the worst part might be us being the laughing stock of cheating scandals by other boards.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

...and I probably wouldn't spend too much effort trying to see what other people think about us.  Spoiler alert, they hate us...and that's just the ones that care anyway.

9 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Fred's issues at ISU involved impermissible contacts by assistants, and he (and McDermott before him) were not accused of wrongdoing. The issues also involved football and other sports. Fred turned in a grad assistant who was not supposed to be attending an AAU event that Fred was at watching Jack play. So I think Fred's reputation was good when he was hired, and I'd prefer to believe it will be when this is over.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9157765/iowa-state-cyclones-say-ncaa-case-started-men-basketball-aide

As for Matt A, an acquaintance (a bluebird fan) said when he was hired that he had a sketchy reputation while at St. John's. I've often thought of that when we were bringing in top-level kids but never brought it up before. However, his name seems to be coming up with this current stuff. 

I am sure a Bluejay fan in Omaha is the measuring stick of being the expert on the St. Johns assistant coaching tree.