Hot Seat

GoBigRed

This was sent to me from a friend who saw it on a message board....

Seems we should get a pass for how pitiful we play, but hearing there's a USA Today article coming by Friday that will bring down Husker Hoops and likely/maybe Fred. Expecting self reporting of numerous recruiting violations and I guess probation of some kind. "Shits about to hit the fan."

1 minute ago, coughunter said:

Seems we should get a pass for how pitiful we play, but hearing there's a USA Today article coming by Friday that will bring down Husker Hoops and likely/maybe Fred. Expecting self reporting of numerous recruiting violations and I guess probation of some kind. "Shits about to hit the fan."

if true, time to clean house after this year. miles recruited just as well as fred and never had any issues, and we actually won some games.

2 minutes ago, coughunter said:

This is what I read. The thread is titled Nebrasketball on the Husker247 board. Sorry had to put some toddlers to bed. 

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Nope short on details. Hope it’s a dumb rumor but the dude who posted it isn’t a shit stirrer. 

If true Id say not good, but honestly can it get much worse?  One thing Ive noticed the past 2 weeks is Robin Washut has been really critical in his radio interviews and write ups as well and he is usually pretty even keel on things.  Why would someone make this up?  Its not NE is having success.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:
13 minutes ago, 49r said:

Give us a postseason ban you cowards!

"Nebraska has self imposed a post season ban for the 2021 2022 season due to numerous recruiting violations"

"Reports hint that Trev will be announcing revocation of all NCAA postseason victories for Nebraska basketball."

(Maybe we can convince some people this is why we don't have any NCAA tournament wins in the record books...)

If true Id say not good, but honestly can it get much worse?  One thing Ive noticed the past 2 weeks is Robin Washut has been really critical in his radio interviews and write ups as well and he is usually pretty even keel on things.  Why would someone make this up?  Its not NE is having success.

Almost as if shit hit the fan for his splendid source Matt Abdelmassih

6 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Almost as if shit hit the fan for his splendid source Matt Abdelmassih

you mean Mr. Sunshine isn’t pumping it now that his beer buddy is suspe - I mean getting healthy? Can this program be any more of a mess. Also the reason Matt is on leave was not even to do with recruiting, so this is icing on the cake.

vvell, this is sorta vvhat you don't expect from a program performing this terribly. 

but hey, it really does explain a ton. and as an alumn, I hope the offenders get nuked. I care about the integrity of the names on any of my diplomas more than I care about stupid vvins and losses. 

in any event, gotta vvait 'til Rosenthal confirms it, as is customary, but if it is true, I hope the vvrath of the gods falls. 

Edit: And Matt, this should be near the end of the funky double u's. Got a nevv keyboard just need to make some adjustments to my crippled-customized typing area. 

Edited by tcp

Just now, tcp said:

vvell, this is sorta vvhat you don't expect from a program performing this terribly. 

but hey, it really does explain a ton. and as an alumn, I hope the offenders get nuked. I care about the integrity of the names on any of my diplomas more than I care about stupid vvins and losses. 

in any event, gotta vvait 'til Rosenthal confirms it, as is customary, but if it is true, I hope the vvrath of the gods falls. 

Rosenthal won’t be confirming anything anytime soon.