Hot Seat

GoBigRed

I got sent a text from a major jaysker and cu alum who told me a big article was going to drop soon from USA Today. That was about two hours ago. We are so inept we can’t even cheat well.

And someone asked who we cheated to get…at this point, who knows? Mack? Wilcher? Keon?? I mean, we had a lot of transfers that were fairly highly rated…

I'm just catching up on everything. With Matt A taking a leave of absence out of the blue this makes sense. I listened to HOLs latest pod with Robin (or might've been the one before. One of last 2) and he found it interesting on Matt taking this leave all of a sudden to address health issues. He noticed him after the IU game and he seemed fine, but you can never assume with health issues. 

All in all, if this comes to fruition, were likely looking at an extremely long year rivaling the past two seasons. Probably worse. I'm going to wait till the reports come out. 

Trev will have a big decision to make. He can cut bait and not have to pay the buyout, or just make abdelmassih be dismissed. Its finals week, so I'll try to stay in the loop. I might be behind a day or two though. 

This may get ugly. 

No matter the outcome of this, I will say that hearing Sir Charles speak so highly of the cheating and guilty scumbag auburn HC during Saturday's game was disgusting.  That dude actually won by cheating and after several years gets a wag of the finger. 

As far as Matt A goes...his record screamed suspect, but at the same time he's a young dude with a young family in an industry that semi encourages habitual line stepping.  

I'm starting to hate everything about college sports.   

Conspiracy theory: this pending USA Today recruiting violations article was leaked intentionally from within our AD to allow us to fire Matt A with cause for something that isn’t probably as bad as what Trev learned a couple weeks ago. The timing of it…in between a 7 day layoff….finals week right before Christmas break…would make some sense. 

I’m mostly joking. I think. 

Edited by GoBigFred

4 minutes ago, a0t0w0 said:

No matter the outcome of this, I will say that hearing Sir Charles speak so highly of the cheating and guilty scumbag auburn HC during Saturday's game was disgusting.  That dude actually won by cheating and after several years gets a wag of the finger. 

As far as Matt A goes...his record screamed suspect, but at the same time he's a young dude with a young family in an industry that semi encourages habitual line stepping.  

I'm starting to hate everything about college sports.   

This was my train of thought as well, guys like Sean miller, will wade and Bruce pearl have all done terrible recruiting violations and basically got slaps on the wrist.  Miller coached for 4 more years after they had him on tape paying a dude.  I’m not saying we didn’t do anything wrong, but the NCAA has shown again and again when it comes to rule enforcement they don’t really do much.  Also, with NIL now being a thing would it mean it has to be an infraction that isn’t money related?  That’s what scares me more than paying kids or buying them shoes or something.  I suppose if it’s true time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

This was my train of thought as well, guys like Sean miller, will wade and Bruce pearl have all done terrible recruiting violations and basically got slaps on the wrist.  Miller coached for 4 more years after they had him on tape paying a dude.  I’m not saying we didn’t do anything wrong, but the NCAA has shown again and again when it comes to rule enforcement they don’t really do much.  Also, with NIL now being a thing would it mean it has to be an infraction that isn’t money related?  That’s what scares me more than paying kids or buying them shoes or something.  I suppose if it’s true time will tell. 

NIL just went into effect so it very easily could have happened prior to.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

NIL just went into effect so it very easily could have happened prior to.

That could very well be, but if I’m not mistaken it went into effect with this last class, so it would have to be for one of his previous two classes, right?  At least logically that would make sense. I mean Bryce and Trey announced their show like a week after signing, those things just don’t happen over night.  But I’m just spitballing here for the sake of the conversation.

Edited by Keenan9595

6 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Agreed.  Honestly, what could be so bad that it would be worse than what KU, LSU, AZ, etc. have done?  

1 minute ago, coughunter said:

Agreed.  Honestly, what could be so bad that it would be worse than what KU, LSU, AZ, etc. have done?  

My worry is what we’ve seen at Minnesota and Louisville in the past.  Drugs, hookers, strip clubs, coeds, donors wives or other shady shit like that.  But I love mysteries, horror and comic books so my mind tends to wander to the dark side right away.  😂

13 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

My worry is what we’ve seen at Minnesota and Louisville in the past.  Drugs, hookers, strip clubs, coeds, donors wives or other shady shit like that.  But I love mysteries, horror and comic books so my mind tends to wander to the dark side right away.  😂

That sounds a lot like the Nee years....

38 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

This fan base seems to be a little different when it comes to this stuff though. Nebraska values and all. The reality is you're probably going to have to do shady things to win in college athletics. 

18 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

This fan base seems to be a little different when it comes to this stuff though. Nebraska values and all. The reality is you're probably going to have to do shady things to win in college athletics. 

National sports writers have better things to spend their time on than digging into a 19-51 program if there's less than "shady things" going on. There could be some real issues going on behind the scenes. I guess time will tell.

I apoloogize if thishas been covered elsewhere, but I just learnedn that our friend Hoiberg has had this problem before. 

I don't recall this during the hiring time so I'm unclear as to how serious it was, but apparently he's been caught with recruiting violations at Iowa St, too. Did we ignore this? Not know this? Did we miss a spot in the vetting process or was the ISU coach involved not guilty? 

If anyone knows, pls enlightened. Because I didn't think NU would hire a known cheater for this job.