Hot Seat

GoBigRed

15 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

His B1G record is (not a misprint) 5-46 

We haven't lost to Northwestern yet so he's actually 5-45.

But...he started out 2-2, and did have a 3-5 stretch last year.  So if you just throw out the 25 game losing streak and the current 13 game losing streak, and he's 5-7.  Not too shabby...

47 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:
16 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

His B1G record is (not a misprint) 5-46 

But...he started out 2-2, and did have a 3-5 stretch last year.  So if you just throw out the 25 game losing streak and the current 13 game losing streak, and he's 5-7.  Not too shabby...

February 27 to March 1, 2021.

The only Big Ten winning streak we've had in the Hoiberg era.

2 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

My math’s bad, I was in the Teacher’s College…

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Remember when Chris Beard has an $18M buyout, then Texas (the university with the largest revenues in all of NCAA) waited 2 years for that to drop to $4M before they stole him from Texas Tech?

Yeah, we're not getting rid of Hoiberg any time soon.

Yeah I think the largest buyouts (paid) regardless of sport belong to Gus $21 Mil at Auburn and Charlie $19 Mil at Notre Dame. Nebraska basketball isn't joining that rare air. That amount money pouring into Auburn Football and Notre Dame Football is a little different and made those buyouts possible. 

17 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Might as well hit snooze for at least a year or two. We're stuck with this mess.

What we want as a fan base isn't what will likely happen. We're already sitting near the top of P5 in "dead money" from fired coaches between football and basketball. 

Throw in the football facility being built, firing the bball coach with that large a buyout just can't happen from a financial standpoint

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

This is now firmly on Trev.  Sorry to do this to you; but something has to be done immediately.   No more excuses.  No more soft noise...the effort WAS NOT present.  The "I don't give a sh** attitude rose from the floor like smoke from a burning dumpster fire.  

Trev can’t fire him if they can’t afford to fire him. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Trev can’t fire him if they can’t afford to fire him. 

I will claim bullshit.  The administration found a way to get the contract signed, they can find a way out.

The administration cannot afford the fan anger and apathy that now has a stranglehold on the program. 

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

I will claim bullshit.  The administration found a way to get the contract signed, they can find a way out.

The administration cannot afford the fan anger and apathy that now has a stranglehold on the program. 

The thing is, while I agree with most of what you said, it's not plausible at this point. Trev has a football facility to build still. 

What will probably happen is a Frost-esq situation, where he reduces the buyout and forces out some assistants. Do I think it's right? No honestly. 

Only way we get out of Fred is if he decides to willingly walk away from 18.5 million. Or takes a reduced buyout. Last one might happen, but I go back to the football facility being the primary thing he needs to use money on at the moment.

Only 2 months left. There's a few possibilities of what might happen. Trev has a decision to make regardless

24 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I’ve stopped checking the recruiting board. I haven’t looked at it for the last several weeks. I’ve decided it’s completely superfluous until sometime in March, at the very earliest.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but not 1 OV at all during the season. Granted, seasons are going on so that plays a factor I imagine. But still. 

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

The thing is, while I agree with most of what you said, it's not plausible at this point. Trev has a football facility to build still. 

What will probably happen is a Frost-esq situation, where he reduces the buyout and forces out some assistants. Do I think it's right? No honestly. 

Only way we get out of Fred is if he decides to willingly walk away from 18.5 million. Or takes a reduced buyout. Last one might happen, but I go back to the football facility being the primary thing he needs to use money on at the moment.

Only 2 months left. There's a few possibilities of what might happen. Trev has a decision to make regardless

I was just gonna say. Football coaches, new facility, memorial upgrades - all take priority. No way they drop millions on the biggest basketball buyout of all time when there is money needed for football. Maybe Trev pulls a rabbit out of a hat and convinces him to leave with an reduced buyout or fires him for cause, but I don’t see anyway they’d get rid of him if it’ll cost 18+ Million.