Hot Seat

GoBigRed

13 hours ago, hskr4life said:

To be fair, I think the original post said “to be released on Friday” but I can’t remember.  Either way, there isn’t much smoke anymore since Trev’s release.

Not only that but apparently the tweet that was the source of all the kerfuffle has been deleted.  Clearly was an attempt to troll.

Edited by 49r

36 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Hold up. This whole thing started from an anonymous tweet?? What about all those people who said “their guy” or that had a source that’s “always been reliable” some even on this board and thread. Yikes. Us Twitter users have unlimited power it seems…

You're just now realizing that "their guy" is Twitter or Reddit? ;)

36 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Hold up. This whole thing started from an anonymous tweet?? What about all those people who said “their guy” or that had a source that’s “always been reliable” some even on this board and thread. Yikes. Us Twitter users have unlimited power it seems…

100% truth that some shit went down involving Matt A, money, some poor decisions, and a player. I never believed there would be an article in the USA Today, but there’s a reason Matt A is out right now and it isn’t because he’s sick. 

26 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

100% truth that some shit went down involving Matt A, money, some poor decisions, and a player. I never believed there would be an article in the USA Today, but there’s a reason Matt A is out right now and it isn’t because he’s sick. 

If that was the case then you are saying NE, Matt, and Fred lied saying it was a health issue.  Why disappear and not just fired if it was something like that?

3 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

I mean journalism is just being a carney with a pen rather than the tilt-a-whirl, get everyone in the door with the promise of the craziest thing you’ve ever seen and then take their money.  New age PT barnham half the time.  

If it's clickbait to get money, there's far more prominent programs to target than a 19-51 program. This news hasn't reached anyone substantial outside of our fanbase and Creighton's. If there is something being published today, there's probably at least something raised-eyebrow related, whether that's a grey area legal thing or not.

14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If it's clickbait to get money, there's far more prominent programs to target than a 19-51 program. This news hasn't reached anyone substantial outside of our fanbase and Creighton's. If there is something being published today, there's probably at least something raised-eyebrow related, whether that's a grey area legal thing or not.

Like the old Cyndi Lauper song says, “Money Changes Everything”…

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I hate the low hanging fruit of "clickbait" everyone uses anytime someone writes something people don't agree with.  In general around here, a reporter writes something that is factual and they get attacked cause fans don't like it.  

2 minutes ago, coughunter said:
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Expand  

I hate the low hanging fruit of "clickbait" everyone uses anytime someone writes something people don't agree with.  In general around here, a reporter writes something that is factual and they get attacked cause fans don't like it.  

The OP was alluding to this just being smoke. I'm saying there's probably some truth, within the grey areas, if there's a report coming out today. That's not clickbait.