Nebraska (5-3) vs. Indiana (6-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

Verge plays like he doesn't trust his teammates, which in turn makes them not trust him. That's a terrible dynamic to have on a basketball team. 

It really is. In his defense, I don't know if I'd trust these guys either? They just don't make shots. You just never know who's actually going to come through. Disjointed team. 

11 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

It really is. In his defense, I don't know if I'd trust these guys either? They just don't make shots. You just never know who's actually going to come through. Disjointed team. 

Yeah it's kind of a chicken or the egg deal. In their defense, it's hard to get into a rhythm and stay ready to shoot when there's a good chance the ball isn't coming your way once Verge starts his crossovers.  

This team isn’t even enjoyable to watch. I have serious questions about this program moving forward under this staff, which I can’t believe I’m saying (hell, look at my user name). Honestly, Fred’s shocking failure here so far has been more surprising than Frost so far. This team stinks. They can’t shoot, which should be the ONE thing a Hoiberg team should be able to do. Abdelmassih is bringing in a random hodge podge of players and there seems to be no plan or direction. Incredibly disappointed in this team is an understatement. 

Just now, millerhusker said:

Yeah it's kind of a chicken or the egg deal. In their defense, it's hard to get into a rhythm and stay ready to shoot when there's a good chance the ball isn't coming your way once Verge starts his crossovers.  

they had passed the ball early and looked like a fully engaged team. they ran into a bit of lethrgy having a decent lead and never regained that early mojo. i think what happens is that each person triesto put mthe tea on their own back but it they're not goodn enoughto do that. then you get random hero ball as individualstry to salvage the team. it's the right motive, butthe wrong solution. and that's what coachesm are paid to do: figure out how your team needs to play to get thru rough patches. and this staff hasn['t' done that yet. 

20 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Kobe got real pissed at Alonzo for not passing the ball.

Verge plays like he doesn't trust his teammates, which in turn makes them not trust him. That's a terrible dynamic to have on a basketball team. 

Noticed that too. The worst part is that Kobe would make the right play, and he wouldn't hold anything against Zo if roles had been reversed. Kobe would pass to an open Zo every time...

1 minute ago, Chuck Taylor said:

For 3 years we've been dribbling around a lot and throwing up terrible shots. I'm beginning to see a pattern .... 

43217751-sketch-toilet-set-in-vintage-st

I hate this pattern...I hate being so down on our dream hire, our amazing recruiting class, our new basketball palace, our men's sports across the board...I've been supporting since Joe Cipriano but this year of FB and BB is breaking my will. IT JUST NEVER GETS FIXED.