Nebraska (5-3) vs. Indiana (6-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, Huskerone said:

Uhg, can we go back to when the star city video came out and the Husker hype machine had me actually excited about the season?  Now, I guess whatever.🙃

I once noted that movie trailers (and preseason hype videos) are always AWESOME while the movie (or season) often disappoints. Maybe a YouTube channel with just the trailers would save both time and stress.

6 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I hate this pattern...I hate being so down on our dream hire, our amazing recruiting class, our new basketball palace, our men's sports across the board...I've been supporting since Joe Cipriano but this year of FB and BB is breaking my will. IT JUST NEVER GETS FIXED.

I think we’ve been hoodwinked. Hoiberg perhaps isn’t the genius coach we’ve made him out to be. He got hot at ISU when transfers weren’t a thing anywhere else. He shows no emotion or fire, his teams plays like robots that have their wires crossed, and unless we’re hitting 40% of our threes on a fluky night we pretty much have no prayer of winning. Our 5 star freshman can’t shoot from distance worth a lick but Fred continues to let him jack up shots at will. Hell none of them can shoot. It just isn’t working. 

Edited by GoBigFred

7 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

I think we’ve been hoodwinked. Hoiberg perhaps isn’t the genius coach we’ve made him out to be. He got hot at ISU when transfers weren’t a thing anywhere else. He shows no emotion or fire, his teams plays like robots that have their wires crossed, and unless we’re hitting 40% of our threes on a fluky night we pretty much have no prayer of winning. Our 5 star freshman can’t shoot from distance worth a lick but Fred continues to let him jack up shots at will. Hell none of them can shoot. It just isn’t working. 

I just can’t believe this is something we’re typing in year 3 with our first 5* recruit and the biggest hyped team since Miles and Co were rated pre-season.

Two things we need more than anything are a PG that understands his role and the system and a legitimate big man that’s at least a threat down low when shots aren’t falling. 

i think we may have that in Blaise next year. But the PG issue is the most important, and I don’t see some grad transfer PG changing that next year. We need a PG that’s developed and groomed in the system over multiple years for this to work and look like it’s supposed to. 

3 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Two things we need more than anything are a PG that understands his role and the system and a legitimate big man that’s at least a threat down low when shots aren’t falling. 

i think we may have that in Blaise next year. But the PG issue is the most important, and I don’t see some grad transfer PG changing that next year. We need a PG that’s developed and groomed in the system over multiple years for this to work and look like it’s supposed to. 

No.  The single biggest thing we need is players who can shoot the damn basketball.  Because 3 years into a system built to shoot the 3 we absolutely suck at it.  

43 minutes ago, HB said:

No.  The single biggest thing we need is players who can shoot the damn basketball.  Because 3 years into a system built to shoot the 3 we absolutely suck at it.  

Well yes. But I don’t feel like a lot of our looks are great from 3 either when we’re pulling up 3 feet behind the line or shooting out of an iso situation. I feel like more would drop if the 3’s were taken in the rhythm and flow of the offense, but we don’t have PG that’s great at creating that scenario.