1/14/19 - A day that will live in infamy for brfrad

brfrad

(This is going to be a light hearted post on a serious situation)

I think I have our curse figured out.  The date is 1/14/19.  I am excited to see Nebraska take on a ranked Indiana team.  Around noon, I go to get a soda in the break room and pass out.  I am taken to the hospital.   They want to keep me for observation.   Of course, no TV.  I am following the game on my phone, and see us go out to a big lead.  After that,  I decide to take a week long nap due to a PE.  

I think God said that for him saving my life, I can never see a Nebraska NCAA tournament win.  At that point in time, we were a lock for the NCAA tournament.   Since that time we are 20 - 58.

After that win at Indiana, Nebraska reached its highest KenPom ranking ever, #11.  We still finished at #43.  Boy what I wouldn't give to be at #43 right now.

But what you are telling me is that Nebraska's slide since then isn't my fault?  I had moved into a new apartment that year and I just figured it was that move that has cursed the basketball and football teams.  Phew, that's a load off my mind!  😉

@brfrad keep the faith.  We will get there!  You WILL see that tourney win.

As an aside, I was looking at that year's roster and woof...no wonder we collapsed.  We had 5 guys that amounted to anything on that team; Palmer, Watson, Roby, Copeland and Allen and that's it.  After that it was Thor, Borchardt, Nana, Harris, Heiman and Trueblood.  Yikes.

On 12/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, brfrad said:

(This is going to be a light hearted post on a serious situation)

I think I have our curse figured out.  The date is 1/14/19.  I am excited to see Nebraska take on a ranked Indiana team.  Around noon, I go to get a soda in the break room and pass out.  I am taken to the hospital.   They want to keep me for observation.   Of course, no TV.  I am following the game on my phone, and see us go out to a big lead.  After that,  I decide to take a week long nap due to a PE.  

I think God said that for him saving my life, I can never see a Nebraska NCAA tournament win.  At that point in time, we were a lock for the NCAA tournament.   Since that time we are 20 - 58.

So, it's your fault. OK. Glad we finally figured that one out.

Just now, brfrad said:

Yes.  That it is.  I think me taking the blame will get this turned around.

I've ordered the Exorcism. They'll be at your place at 8. It would be nice if you had some snacks to put out, but not entirely necessary.

I would just arm yourself with some garlic. And lamb's blood if you have any.

Have fun!

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

I've ordered the Exorcism. They'll be at your place at 8. It would be nice if you had some snacks to put out, but not entirely necessary.

Have fun!

I'll make sure my neck muscles are stretched and ready for spinning. 

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Have fun!

Can't wait to see the 30 for 30 on how an exorcism turned around our historically bad basketball team.  I'm thinking a late October release on ESPN for the episode to line up with Halloween.