WAKE FOREST GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-0)
at Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-0)
Big Ten/ACC Challenge
Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, 6 p.m. (CT)
LJVM Coliseum - Winston-Salem, N.C.
Live Video:
 Watch ESPN (Tom Werme, Tabitha Turner-Wilkins)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (5:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (105.9 FM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Head to Wake Forest for B1G/ACC Challenge
The Nebraska women's basketball team continues its four-game non-conference road swing when it travels to Wake Forest Wednesday for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

Tip-off between the Huskers (7-0) and Demon Deacons (7-0) is set for 6 p.m. (CT) at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Live video is available through the Watch ESPN App with Tom Werme and Tabitha Turner-Wilkins on the call. The Huskers Radio Network call of Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch can be heard on B107.3 FM in Lincoln and CD 105.9 FM in Omaha, along with free live audio on Huskers.com and the Huskers App. 

Wake Forest should be our toughest test to date. They are also 7-0!!! Their highest score is 94 points vs UMBC.

GOOD NEWS!!!! It looks like the game vs WAKE FOREST will be available (at the above link) at no additional cost, IF you already subscribe to one of the Listed cable/TV services (such as XFINITY, Cox, Direct TV etc.)  🎇

(Instead of having to subscribe to ESPN Plus as was originally indicated ☹️)

---------------------------------------------

(per Sam McKewon)

Scouting

Wake Forest: For the first time in 30 years, the Demon Deacons advanced to the NCAA Tournament behind Spear, one of the ACC’s stars as a true freshman. She’s an elite scorer from beyond the arc and at the free throw line, and NU will have to deploy one or more of its guards — perhaps Haiby and some other backup — toward stopping her. Otherwise, Wake has been an elite defensive team in seven wins over mid-to-low major teams, allowing 48.71 points per game and just 18.1% shooting from the 3-point line. At least some of that is a function of Wake’s foes — a combined 17-23 on the season — but the Demon Deacons allow very second chance points, as well, with four players averaging five or more rebounds. Summiel, at 8.3 rebounds, leads the way. Wake Forest doesn’t force a ton of turnovers and it doesn’t tend to foul much. NU should be able to run its half-court offense.

I live in north Florida and the game is being broadcasted on the YES Network in standard definition, which is part of my cable package.  Never watched this Network before but it appears to focus on New York sports.  Not sure if it part of the ESPN+ package or the ACC channel.  Either way, I am happy that I can watch the game on my TV.  

GBR

Edited by Tinpanalley

Thanks,  I have XFINITY and for some reason I won't let me in.   Shows the game, I hit the play arrow in the center and nothing happens (it wiil play if I choose other games scrolling across the bottom.   It must be a Regional Think,  not available by XFINITY in my area (West Coast).  ☹️