Teddy watch

jimmykc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, jimmykc said:

Yep. I never quite understood all the hate for Teddy when he was here. No question we would be a bit better off record-wise if he had stayed for another year, although we would still not have been very good.

People tend to blame the best player or at very least the leading scorer when teams don't win.

The funny thing is that Teddy's game is pretty similar to Bryce's

On 2/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Polish Rifle said:

I spotted Yvan in the box score. Putting the ball in the bucket still seems to be a massive struggle for him. 

I've watched them play a couple of times.  Yvan is still pretty much the same player we saw here.  He plays hard, hustles and does an OK job rebounding but, as you said, he just has extremely limited offensive ability.  He seems to have very poor ball-handling skills (primarily when shooting) and I'm not referring to the obvious lack of skill in dribbling.  Maybe 'ball-holding' would be a better adjective to use - he doesn't seem to have a feel for controlling the ball in his hands.  I don't know if it was ever discussed on the board, but I've always wondered if he has small hands for a big guy.  Most big guys have monster paws which engulf the ball like a grapefruit.  While that can make it somewhat difficult to shoot a silky looking jumper or free-throw without a lot of work, they can generally use that ability to protect and direct the ball going up for a shot under the basket.  We saw it here regularly - Yvan never seemed to be able control/hold the ball when taking the ball up near the basket and from the limited sample size I've seen at GC, he hasn't improved a whole lot.