Idaho State (1-2) vs. Nebraska (1-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I hope Bryce realizes how well he's playing. He seems discouraged because he's not scoring points, but he's got 7 rebounds, 3 assists and only one turnover so far. 

CJ has bought into blocking out. Doing a good job on the boards. 

Keisei needs to start making these open threes. 

Not sure how much longer Verge will be here. Body language is awful on the bench. And his team is winning. I just don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I hope Bryce realizes how well he's playing. He seems discouraged because he's not scoring points, but he's got 7 rebounds, 3 assists and only one turnover so far. 

Not sure how much longer Verge will be here. Body language is awful on the bench. And his team is winning. I just don't get it. 

Honesty— like him coming off the bench more.  He can provide a spark off the bench.  I know that’s probably not what “he” wants though.

6 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

At this point Verge is an officer and gentleman - he’s got no where else to go. 

8 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Like what I’m seeing from Verge tonight.

Me too. He's still holding the ball too long, but if he's gonna buy into playing point, actual point, I don't mind seeing him involved.

I think a Lotta ppl including myself didn't really watch much sundevil tape on him, or heed the warnings of asu fans who know well the high volume selfish version of verge.

At the same time I think there's a good side of him that can score in the flow of the offense but really facilitate mainly. And I think Fred is trying to cultivate that.

Imo, maybe I'm a little extreme here,  but I want coach to bench players who refuse to play unselfish. Gotta teach them. They gotta learn the hard way sometimes.

Maybe I'm seeing the holes in Dre's game--- he's raw. Maybe some work rate and effort to be desired too. Maybe Fred wants to see more of thay before he earns time. I think us fans are just hungry for an inside presence so it's hard to not see him logging minutes esp early.

This team will look different in a month or two for sure.