CREIGHTON GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Comments Added:   @12dozen 

Post-Game Press Conference: Issy Bourne & Alexis Markowski for the first 4:25 :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:;  then blank until 6:40 starting with Carly Bachelor (#22) and Creighton Coach Jim Flannery (quite complimentary  :Signthanks:) through 17:27.  Blank to the 20 min mark when Coach Amy Williams is at the mic.  Per Amy we need to do better in closing out games, i.e. time management, positioning, inbounding, and this will be a helpful learning experience.   :Redface:

Coach Amy Williams has built quite a team that is really competitive; with players who all enjoy playing together.  :Bow:

Edited by Red Don

13 hours ago, Red Don said:

Anybody else lose video feed just sez B1G+ ???

I did a little "Googling" and discovered others were having trouble with the B1G+ app through Roku.  One suggestion was to delete the channel from Roku (Apple?), then add it back in.  I did this.  Guess I will find out tomorrow, when I tune in for the Men's game, if it made a difference (or Saturday for WBB or Volleyball).   GBR

12 hours ago, 12dozen said:

You didn't have any breaks in the feed tonight?  I wasn't the only one watching that had issues (tonight and previously).  How is your feed set up?  I go through Roku.

this is first time i've done the big10+ and i've been really pleased with it.  it's worked great for me - no pauses, clear

14 minutes ago, HUD said:

I have used BTN plus for several years with no problem.  I use it through my computer and plug into TV.  But I did have problems with it locking up for a big part of the Alabama A&M game.

I too have had good success previously.  I normally cancel subscription during summer months, and sign up again in the fall.  This is the first season I've had issues.  Hopefully, cancelling the channel in Roku, and starting over, will fix things.  Thanks for your input. 

14 hours ago, 12dozen said:

You didn't have any breaks in the feed tonight?  I wasn't the only one watching that had issues (tonight and previously).  How is your feed set up?  I go through Roku.

I stream on my laptop using Spectrum.  One small buffering last night.  I simply back out, back in and rejoins at spot I left.  HDMI to my big screen with great picture quality.

9 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i live in sd and was watching the game------WITH ISSUES same as others posted. bigten+ stinks. not the first time.

I lived in Beresford until age 15 (long time ago).  Still know some of the words to "Hail South Dakota".  Occasionally head north and hunt

pheasants.  If I figure out my B1G+ issues, I'll pass along the info.       

25 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I lived in Beresford until age 15 (long time ago).  Still know some of the words to "Hail South Dakota".  Occasionally head north and hunt

pheasants.  If I figure out my B1G+ issues, I'll pass along the info.       

i stream it through AppleTv 4K version. i also use YouTube TV. as far as pheasant hunting, pretty sad to see so much cover disappear. no lie here........was driving a stretch of hwy 12 a few summers ago. it gave me an idea what a war zone might look like. smoke from burning dry areas every direction you look. it was crazy.

3 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i stream it through AppleTv 4K version. i also use YouTube TV. as far as pheasant hunting, pretty sad to see so much cover disappear. no lie here........was driving a stretch of hwy 12 a few summers ago. it gave me an idea what a war zone might look like. smoke from burning dry areas every direction you look. it was crazy.

My brothers and I skipped hunting last year (Covid concerns), but spent a few days northwest of Mitchell this year.  We couldn't believe all the acres being used to make hay. Cover had changed drastically.  We'll have to rethink location next year.    

BTN lus issues seem to come and go; a lot of it seems to depend on the platform you use (poor or inconsistent (whose isn't  😬) internet connection may also cause the problem).  

For example on my Apple TV application, I don't have any of the fast forward, 10 sec back-up, or other controls that I know are available on other platforms (like laptops).   My brother in AZ (ROKU) wanted to watch volleyball or the basketball game, trying to either event just resulted in his getting a Blue Screen (saying you're watching B1G+, thanks a lot ) while I could get either game on my Apple. Other examples are our experiences during the WBB Creighton game.    I've generally been able to watch on my laptop, and cellphone (Android) if I have trouble with Apple or away from home (in fact the picture quality is so good on my Samsung 7 that I almost prefer watching it on the phone vs big screen.

I've had generally good results with BTN+ (other than our common complaints, i.e. confusing menus (that is finding the particular event,game you want to watch when you're pressed for time),  logging-in (sometimes), sometimes student announcers (why they don't contract w/Matt/Jeff, or Kent/Jake to carry their feed ALL the time since they Always do the HSN radio announcing anyway, I don't know)

Frustrating , but I guess it's still better than only being able to just listen to games.

26 minutes ago, Red Don said:

BTN lus issues seem to come and go; a lot of it seems to depend on the platform you use (poor or inconsistent (whose isn't  😬) internet connection may also cause the problem).  

For example on my Apple TV application, I don't have any of the fast forward, 10 sec back-up, or other controls that I know are available on other platforms (like laptops).   My brother in AZ (ROKU) wanted to watch volleyball or the basketball game, trying to either event just resulted in his getting a Blue Screen (saying you're watching B1G+, thanks a lot ) while I could get either game on my Apple. Other examples are our experiences during the WBB Creighton game.    I've generally been able to watch on my laptop, and cellphone (Android) if I have trouble with Apple or away from home (in fact the picture quality is so good on my Samsung 7 that I almost prefer watching it on the phone vs big screen.

I've had generally good results with BTN+ (other than our common complaints, i.e. confusing menus (that is finding the particular event,game you want to watch when you're pressed for time),  logging-in (sometimes), sometimes student announcers (why they don't contract w/Matt/Jeff, or Kent/Jake to carry their feed ALL the time since they Always do the HSN radio announcing anyway, I don't know)

Frustrating , but I guess it's still better than only being able to just listen to games.

I had the same issue as your brother, "you are watching B1G+, etc.".  I hit the fast forward or back arrow on my TV remote, and the screen switched to a different screen. I was able to fast forward on that screen to join the game in progress.  Not convenient, but at least I was able to watch the games.