Trey broken foot

Ugh - feel awful for him. Makes you feel physically ill thinking about how much he was looking forward to this season & playing with his brother and have it be over 2 1/2 games in.

The basketball gods are going too far with this. I mean they love to kick we NU fans in the nuts over and over and over. We're used to it. But why do the basketball gods have to punish the players like this too? These guys don't deserve whatever curse we have somehow brought on ourselves.

This is awful news, especially for Trey and even Bryce. Can’t imagine it.

I can’t lie, this gives me a lot less hope of a decent season now. Fred now has one less PG available, which means Verge will continue to dazzle us all with his constant dribbling and throwing up crap in traffic without looking for any open shooters.

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

His Aunt posted the following on facebook:

“From his Mom Pam 

Just spoke with team doctor. Clean break, will have to have a pin put in. Surgery in the next couple of days. Looking at mid-January for a return.”

this is where I just want the guy to get healthy and get his foot back for its own sake. 

so far this season is starting out to be an episode of american horror story. 

12 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Any idea when in the game this happened?

I'd guess it was on the play where he tried to dunk over the bluebird guy - I don't think he played more than a few minutes after that.

However, no way in hell I'm watching that dumpster fire of a game again to find out. Deleting it from the DVR as we speak. Wish I could delete it from my own memory that easily.

46 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Wishful thinking…but if he can’t return timely does Trey stick it out for another year…maybe with Bryce? I don’t know that Bryce right now is a guaranteed first rounder. 

We could go 0-20 in the conference and Bryce is still probably a first rounder.  He quite simply possesses the kind of package that NBA teams are looking for.  Trey might come back if he feels the injury derailed his chances of making a NBA training camp; it also could make him realize he should move on because injuries can happen and he isn't getting younger in college.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

We could go 0-20 in the conference and Bryce is still probably a first rounder.  He quite simply possesses the kind of package that NBA teams are looking for.  Trey might come back if he feels the injury derailed his chances of making a NBA training camp; it also could make him realize he should move on because injuries can happen and he isn't getting younger in college.  We shall see.

Has moved up to #10 on NBADraft.net

• 3 weeks later...

So . . . Trey's foot is Exhibit A for the travails of Nebrasketball:

1.   At the end of last season, we expected a highly-experienced team to return: Banton, Trey, Walker, Lat and Kobe.

2.  Turns out, Banton is now a multi-millionaire (not from NIL), Trey is out for half the season, Kobe's chronic back pain limits his minutes, Lat has back pain but plays anyway.

3.  So . . . we now have a team that's heavily young (Bryce, Wilhelm and Keon) and new (Keisei, Wilcher, and Verge).  The only highly-experienced player entirely good-to-go is Derrick . . . and he's playing well.

That's a huge gap between high hopes and brutal reality.

That said, the team has made huge progress from losing to a nobody to competing well against a power-5 team in their first road game.

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

On their podcast, Trey said he was ahead of schedule and will be closer to the 6 weeks instead of the 8 weeks. He said he's planning to be back for the Michigan St. game on Jan 5.

So, he'll be back for Wisconsin on the 25th then?