Creighton

Fastbreaker

We should beat this team comfortably. But that being said, it seems that One of their players will go 7 out of 8 on 3's the first quarter.  I think we have the players to follow all of their players to the perimeter with their 5 out offense.  We need to beat these guys.  Yori never lost to Creighton.  Since Yori was let go and hired on with Creighton we have never beaten them.   Thanks Eckhorst.

On paper have the better, deeper team. If we do not beat ourselves IMHO we could win by double digits. One thing I feel good about is the fast start we have had. Creighton has gotten a quick start mostly and before we know it we are down 12-15 points. It would be nice to see that trend in our favor.

21 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

On paper have the better, deeper team. If we do not beat ourselves IMHO we could win by double digits. One thing I feel good about is the fast start we have had. Creighton has gotten a quick start mostly and before we know it we are down 12-15 points. It would be nice to see that trend in our favor.

Kind of sounds like the men’s team…..

1 hour ago, Tom Jones said:

i VERY MUCH hope that CU comes out with an aggressive FCP.  I think that among Shelly, Weidner, and Sam* handling the ball and our bigs being on receiving end of passes to the paint, NU will shred a pressing defense.  *Actually Izzy as well - she has shown good ball handling skills

It's pretty obvious to me that we have a good increase in speed this year.  That helps in a lot of areas.

We need to clear a big mental hurdle tonight.  Like the men, Creighton is in the heads of fans and players.  A good start is imperative.  If the Jays keep it close or build a lead the Huskers may be in trouble. The ladies need a test and I believe this group will pass.

man.....i just don't know really what to expect tonight. good point by Cazzie22----DON'T let Creighton jump out to a big lead at any point. just think that spells trouble. perimeter defense key. hopefully huskers don't have a cold night shooting. REBOUND!

i'm gonna say huskers by 8.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Creighton is really well coached. They will be prepared. And they will give every effort to start fast.  They do it every year. And it's worked for them. 

My guesstimate:

Three keys.....one will be our perimeter defense... just don't think they can beat us inside....have a feeling they know that, so will work on perimeter passing to find open people for 3 shots.  We defend the three well and it might be tough for them.  They will try to back door us, and pick and roll, drive to basket.  

The second is Jaz, and our team out running their defense. Wearing them out...we're deeper than they are.

Three....rebounding and dominating the boards.

So we'll see how it plays out. Want to beat them...plain and simple

Edited by redsteve