Take aways for the season after 3 games.

HUD

My thoughts are so far so good.  The 5 things that get me excited are vastly improved passing, true point guards that can get the ball down the court efficiently, improved rebounding, good outside defense and a lot of depth.  May not be world beaters but we are vastly improved.  Now we just need to stick it to Creighton.

After three games....

The biggest thing I see this year.....Shooting percentage is much better as a team this year..about 50%.  Issie is shooting at almost 70% !  Issie has really come into her own, and is extremely effective.  

We're getting inside with the ball more aggressively. By several people this year.

Defense is much improved, although we seem to forget to keep up the defensive pace as the game goes on. All the subbing makes it hard to keep up the continuity.

We play a lot faster, and do it well. Jaz and Weidner keep us moving. Moriarity is coming along real well, good all around player... mobile and active, gets to the basket.

Of course .....the freshmen over all are contributing a lot, more than might have expected this early.

Jaz has really made an positive impact... a big impact. I knew she would be good, but she's a machine.

12 hours ago, redsteve said:

Jaz has really made an positive impact... a big impact. I knew she would be good, but she's a machine.

When she started off really slow yesterday in her shooting she turned her attention to other areas such as defense, rebounding and overall hustle which really sparked the team.  That is the sign of a great team player.  In almost every interview she says how much she loves playing with this team and it shows.