PSA for BTN+ Subscribers

HuskerFever

This is fairly common knowledge, but if I can save some people from an unwanted auto renewal, then it's worth the post.

If you only plan to use BTN+ for these remaining two Nebraska basketball games this nonconference season, you can go to your account right now (like, right now) and click "discontinue subscription" (or whatever the verbiage is) and you will continue to have access to watch games through the remainder of the month you signed up for. No auto renewal headaches.

Personally, I signed up and within 10 minutes I clicked that "cancel" button and have been able to watch the two games just fine.

So I watched after I got home after I believe halftime.  I started from the beginning and it cut off early in the 2nd half when I believe the game was over.  It didnt allow me to keep watching or to go back and watch.  I dont know if this normal for this app but defeats the point of getting it of you cant watch right away.  The fox sports app doesnt do this

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @HuskerFever.    Apparently BTN+ has "partnered" with "Cleeng B.V." a Dutch company to handle BTN's subscription/renewal processing.   Up shot is that the charge now appears on my credit card as a non-descript "Offer ID S1260xxxxxx_ "  Or something like that, instead of "BTN" previously.  Also I notice they charged my account on Nov 24th 😬 (when BTN shows my account as not expiring until Nov 28th).

:ph34r: Just for everyone's information.   Thanks BTN!

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

For those skeptical and still haven't preemptively cancelled their monthly subscription, be sure to do so after today's game (last game on BTN+ for the season).

Yup. My subscription ended today. Perfect timing. I had to go to the actual website to cancel (not the app). Bling Blough and Yaka Dunka to you all!

:ph34r:  If you follow the Women's Basketball Team, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to cancel.  Ten of the remaining 22 regularly scheduled games are only on BTN Plus, including both games vs Wisconsin, Maryland & Michigan State games.  (The Rutgers & Purdue games will be on the free Nebr Public Media network).  Three more months will get you all those games.