Sam Houston (1-0) vs. Nebraska (0-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Yeah I have to agree with anyone who didn't like the Btn+ announcers. It's deplorable,  they put the third string in for our games, maybe we don't deserve more... But they're the scrubs. The guy is alright but talks really quiet, but they paired the lowest voiced guy in the business with the shrillest loud lady color commentator ever. Just a bad match. Hurts your ears.

It is a W.  The Bobcats were probably a better team than WIU. At least there was some effort if not great offensive execution.  Defense is a little shaky at times.  

Andre provided a nice spark.

Lat needs to make shots, if not, what else does he provide?

Bryce cannot be expected to be that productive every game.

The team should understand that great effort will be necessary against Creighton.

Flagg might have been the best player on the floor.

Just now, northwillriseagain said:

This team will do well when they pass. Gotta keep Verge in that mindset. When he starts holding it, everyone else does as well. 

stop the iso and this team will start hitting on all of its cylinders.

We have to start hitting outside shots.  Bryce was 4 - 7.  The rest of the team was 0 - 15.

I thought Verge for the most part, played less selfish tonight.  He still had his moments where he would dribble.  I wish we had a Watson with this team.

Just now, brfrad said:

We have to start hitting outside shots.  Bryce was 4 - 7.  The rest of the team was 0 - 15.

I thought Verge for the most part, played less selfish tonight.  He still had his moments where he would dribble.  I wish we had a Watson with this team.

We can't compete int he Big Ten with our size without perimeter shooting to stretch out the defense. We need to figure out this sooner than later if we're going to salvage the season.

9 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Yeah I have to agree with anyone who didn't like the Btn+ announcers. It's deplorable,  they put the third string in for our games, maybe we don't deserve more... But they're the scrubs. The guy is alright but talks really quiet, but they paired the lowest voiced guy in the business with the shrillest loud lady color commentator ever. Just a bad match. Hurts your ears.

Why aren't u listening to KP?

11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Anybody know the new ways to catch the audio of Husker games now that they took everything in house from Learfield/IMG College?

https://huskers.com/sports/2018/11/14/3624318.aspx

This is a list of the radio stations that carry Husker sports.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

We should really be playing two bigs. 

Sit Lat. 2/3 between Walker, Ed, and Will should be playing. 

Is Lat at 100%? WB has his moments but he's also a walking foul waiting to happen.  That hug at half court was something else.

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

We should really be playing two bigs. 

Sit Lat. 2/3 between Walker, Ed, and Will should be playing. 

Walker is really a traditional 4 like a Charles Oakley.  It would be interesting to see us play an old school lineup.  Might help our rebounding woes.  Not really what Fred is trying to do system wise but those two are among our top 5 players at the moment.