PRAIRIE VIEW GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

While neither game was a strong test for us. The fact that we scored over 100 for both make me feel better about where we are currently. Would we had dominated like this last year, or two years ago? This really speaks to the level of talent we currently have. As has been point out, this is the deepest team Amy and staff have put together. 

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

While neither game was a strong test for us. The fact that we scored over 100 for both make me feel better about where we are currently. Would we had dominated like this last year, or two years ago? This really speaks to the level of talent we currently have. As has been point out, this is the deepest team Amy and staff have put together. 

I have been to all 3 games and have never enjoyed watching WBB as much.  Yes we overmatched our opponents so far but what brings me out of my seat over and over is watching the hustle and execution of these girls.  For example Alexis Markowski running full bore down the floor numerous times and Allison Weidner grabbing a rebound and bringing the ball down the floor in traffic hitting her with a perfect pass for a bucket or free throws.  This is just one example of having guards that really know how and when to pass the ball or shoot it themselves. Very unselfish team.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

I have been to all 3 games and have never enjoyed watching WBB as much.  Yes we overmatched our opponents so far but what brings me out of my seat over and over is watching the hustle and execution of these girls.  For example Alexis Markowski running full bore down the floor numerous times and Allison Weidner grabbing a rebound and bringing the ball down the floor in traffic hitting her with a perfect pass for a bucket or free throws.  This is just one example of having guards that really know how and when to pass the ball or shoot it themselves. Very unselfish team.

Yes, and they're doing it on their own. That's the way they want to play ...Jaz does the same kind of things.   They make things happen. Been somewhat missing from our scheme. It's not an accident we're scoring so much now.  The ones that can do it deserves to play a lot.

Sure it may not be so easy as teams we play are better quality, but it will be hard for defenses to stop our fast transitions, no matter who it is.  Much easier to defend teams that only play half court offense.  

Pretty clear the newbies have brought a faster game pace to us, and we have the kids to make it work.  Like HUD says...lots more fun to watch. Pretty sure it's more fun to play too.

Edited by redsteve

21 hours ago, redsteve said:

Yes, and they're doing it on their own. That's the way they want to play ...Jaz does the same kind of things.   They make things happen. Been somewhat missing from our scheme. It's not an accident we're scoring so much now.....  Like HUD says...lots more fun to watch. Pretty sure it's more fun to play too.

Slowly, without our realizing it, Coach Amy Williams and her group have built a formidable team, seemingly just under our noses. 

How did we go From just a middling team a couple of years ago; To the team we are now all saying is such a Pleasure to Watch?

No doubt we are greatly enhanced by our top 20 or so class of incoming recruits, all of whom are immediately contributing.  But I think a lot of it has to do with Amy Williams 'setting the stage' so to speak, building on her prior team(s) via recruiting, and timely Transfers.  Where would we be today without, say, Ashley Scoggin, Bella Cravens or Jaz Shelley, not to mention Annika Stewart, Whitney Brown and Ruby Porter, as well as MI'Cole Cayton.  Not to forget Nailah Dilland and redshirt Tatiana Popa both of whom I'm looking forward to seeing on the floor next season.

More than recruiting individual players, Coach Amy seems to be recruiting a 'Team!'  All this bodes well for future recruiting; what recruit(s) Wouldn't want to play for such a 'Fun Team!'

Edited by Red Don