PRAIRIE VIEW GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0)
vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers (1-0)
Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021, 7 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets:
 Huskers.com / 800-8-BIG-RED
Live Video: B1G+ (subscription required)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (6:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (B107.3 FM), Omaha (ESPN 590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

At the Half: Husker Ladies lead: 49-29  :Eek:

Ladies are on FIRE!  They are showing a versatile Offensive Attack (albeit, not against Big Ten competition, yet :Redface:)

If I didn't have Season Tickets yet, I'd sure go out and Get Some!!! It's going to be a very Exciting Season for the Women's Team! :nod:

:Huskers:   :Gobigred:

Edited by Red Don

49 points in 1st half, that was a bit sloppy at times, but it's hard to complain. Our 3 percentage has to be pretty high...40%+

Shelly is going to be killer all year. Issie is improved and totally in control of her game. They're real combo and effective duo.

Prairie View has woken up a bit. Quick at times, but not real skilled overall. Much different play scheme than Maine.  

Good to see different schemes from the other teams early on.

Edited by redsteve

The new freshmen are very simply awesome. 

Weidner just adds so much to the team. Love her game...and she looked better than the first game.  Look at her stats for the game. Very very effective.

Ditto for Markowski. More relaxed and just playing the game. She gets down the floor on fast breaks.

Coley had good game too, as well as Moriarty

Jaz for president !

Over 100 pts in two games ...already...... wow wow wow

Edited by redsteve

Hard to tell if we are as good as I hope we are due to the competition.  Tonight wasn’t much more than a glorified scrimmage. 

Love our pace pace of play and ball and player movement.  Jazz and Allison are terrific finding teammates in transition.  Good passing from high post to low post led to some easy buckets.

Didn’t like sloppy play and too many silly turnovers.  Like the men, I am concerned about rebounding from our posts.  

Finally broke down and purchased B1G+.  Know I have to figure out how to get it on my TV. 

9 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Hard to tell if we are as good as I hope we are due to the competition.  Tonight wasn’t much more than a glorified scrimmage. 

Love our pace pace of play and ball and player movement.  Jazz and Allison are terrific finding teammates in transition.  Good passing from high post to low post led to some easy buckets.

Didn’t like sloppy play and too many silly turnovers.  Like the men, I am concerned about rebounding from our posts.  

Finally broke down and purchased B1G+.  Know I have to figure out how to get it on my TV. 

Left after the 3rd quarter. They definitely have more depth this year but it’s really hard to tell a lot from these scrimmage games. 
Hopefully they’ll get a test or two before BIG play….

Sunday will be a step up in competition and then Wed against Creighton will be another step up.  With all the young players I like how the schedule is unfolding.  Hard to tell the newbies from the veterans.  Only thing disappointing to me is the size of the crowd.  Besides watching a good and unselfish team Pinnacle Area is a great facility and easy to get to.  Big improvement from Devaney.

-foul shooting needs work and silly turnovers need to go ( that's it for the negative)

-Izzie got us off to a nice start and for entertainment purpose just watch Jaz Shelley's eyes they're constantly scanning and surveying which is why all the no look passes work.  BTW I really don't expect her to be 3 pt. shooting to be 75% the entire year (3-3 first game 6-9 second), but she is a heck of a shooter.

-Things that impressed me with the Freshman

Markowski- willingness to take and play through contact

Moriarty- pace and athleticism she play's with.  She does appear to be trying too hard and not relaxing and just playing yet though

Coley- length, athleticism and versatility on the defensive end

Weidner-  speed she plays with will really stress out defenses.  The most impressive thing was the passing.  She's throwing entry passes to the low post from half court line.  Not only that, but placing the passes where the post can go straight up without hesitation.  Ability to get to the rim and finish, pull up and finish and defense is much better than expected.  Basically love love love everything about her game except maybe the foul shooting. 

I listened to most of the second half, and I agree that it's hard to take away much from this game.

I know that Maine was hyped up before the start of the season, but I wonder if they are one of those teams that has a bad start but a strong finish?

Either way, Creighton will definitely be our first real test, since there isn't much test against SWAC/MEAC teams. (The glut of three SWAC/MEAC teams that we see makes it look more like a men's non-conference schedule than Yori's non-conference schedules!)

9 hours ago, HUD said:

Sunday will be a step up in competition and then Wed against Creighton will be another step up.  With all the young players I like how the schedule is unfolding.  Hard to tell the newbies from the veterans.  Only thing disappointing to me is the size of the crowd.  Besides watching a good and unselfish team Pinnacle Area is a great facility and easy to get to.  Big improvement from Devaney.

Some older fans are still hesitant to get out with Covid, restrictions, etc. 

Also the flow of foot traffic in and out of the arena is a lot more difficult for them to manage. 
We actually sat much higher than normal to avoid the extra steps and slower exiting. 

5 hours ago, caveman said:

-foul shooting needs work and silly turnovers need to go ( that's it for the negative)

My concern list is short too.   1.  The verdict is still out on 'how will we handle pressure'.  I only recall Prairie View applying full court pressure once, and they got a turn over. Not sure why they stopped (or I wasn't real observant).   2.  Is Matt pronouncing Moriarty's name wrong?  Seems he adds an additional "i" to it (Moriarity).  

Thumbs Up ladies! (and staff)