On further reflection, in the sober light of day, that was truly awful.

Norm Peterson

On 11/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I've seen Husker teams in a discombobulated funk before. But last night was unique. I don't ever recall two guys just out there doing their own thing all night long.

I've seen pickup games at the rec that had more teamwork and less hero-ball than we saw last night. It was disgusting.

If this happens all year long, I won't renew my tickets. I'm not gonna shell out my hard-earned money to watch shitty basketball for the rest of my life. It's one thing to lose. It's another thing to play like that. And that was an embarrassment. It was an embarrassment even if we had pulled out a win. A win would not have mollified me. Even if we'd won, I'd still be pissed.

And Fred better get this situation under control, because there are a couple of players on the team who cannot co-exist with each other right now.

Yeah, killed it with this take, I totally agree. Do you think maybe the loss, as painful as it was, is a better thing for the team, since maybe it'll rattle some of these guys (verge esp),  wake them up to the issue with hero ball? They probably already knew and know... But with college kids you gotta experience it first hand sometimes. Hope it worked and Fred's yelling the last few days did its work. Lol

2 hours ago, tcp said:

to think we've got maybe 30 of these to go still! the drama's gonna be off the charts!

i just assumed hoiberg knows his team and figured the best way to teach a point is to let them totally fail on their own. 

every team's different in personality, and maybe that's just this team's. 

he's not stupid. i do suspect there's a bit of a buy in or role issue with a couple of players who've been swearing up and down their way will work, and if you've got hard heads, sometimes the best thing to do is just watch them completely face plant. 

43 minutes ago, 49r said:

i think Calimari had this issue at KY recently with his brigade of 5 stars being a bunch of hard heads and struggling to win and having to learn the hard way. i don't follow any sport close enough to remember this accurately, but they still wound up getting it together in time. 

i figure if we're having this discussion in two weeks, there might be real fire under that smoke. 

24 minutes ago, tcp said:

i think Calimari had this issue at KY recently with his brigade of 5 stars being a bunch of hard heads and struggling to win and having to learn the hard way. i don't follow any sport close enough to remember this accurately, but they still wound up getting it together in time.

Is that what they call Squid Game? 😃