uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 1 - Western Illinois

uneblinstu

6 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Have not seen or heard anything. Has there been anthing said about practice today? 

I'll have you know not only did we have our best week of practice but were also close! We have good players not great players so this baby it's getting turned around soon just give us another decade.

36 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

I'll have you know not only did we have our best week of practice but were also close! We have good players not great players so this baby it's getting turned around soon just give us another decade.

Nebraska is a top 50 program in the "best week of practice" rankings.  We are going to the big dance! Granted..it's the Hokey Pokey...but it's still a dance isn't it? 

Little late to the party but my thoughts about the loss.

1. Verge was hoping for a foul on his last shot. Not sure what makes him think he will get that call when he hasn't all night and proceeds to complain to ref every time he drove and missed.

2. Breidenbach was bad as proved by his stat line. But his one foul he ran at the guy with his arms up and just ran over him. It was like watching something you see a 3rd grader do. 

3. Curious like others as to why Eduardo didn't play.

4. Would've liked to see bigs get chance to post up and/or kick out. Don't think we even tried to see how it would be defended.

5. Selfishness already covered. 2 guys take 38 of 59 shots...they better score a s***load of points.

6. Late ft woes also already covered.

8 hours ago, busticket said:

Given how we got murdered on the boards, Fred should have thrown him in just to see if he could give us a spark.

Kinda weird.  Feel like Fred said "f" it.  Im not helping, you guys figure this out.  He had at least 2 if not 3 timeouts left if not mistaken.  Im worried that the issues of no ball movement kept happening and no adjustments to fix it.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Saw some issues with Verge that give me a great deal of concern going forward. Don't be fooled by the stat line.

Two examples:

With under a minute left and a 4 point NU lead, WIU has the ball out of bounds on the sideline and their PG goes deep into the backcourt to await the inbounds pass. Trey indicates to Verge to get out there on the guy. Verge reacts with some REALLY TERRIBLE body language towards Trey and instead gives the WIU guy PLENTY of room to catch the ball and bring it up court. Verge is then on his heels backing up as the guy steps into a 3. Just gonna let him step into a ... oh man.

Then, after Verge misses the layup on that last drive (which everyone in Pinnacle Bank Arena knew he was going to take), he pouts for a moment, and then runs directly for the tunnel and Kobe Webster has to chase him down and call him back to go through the handshake line.

I saw more issues than that throughout the game, but those were two prominent things in the last minute. That's a really bad sign. Fred better nip that in the bud quickly or we'll be lucky to surpass last season's win total.

After two games I hate to even think it but this team might be better without him.  Addition by subtraction.