Western Illinois (0-0) vs. Nebraska (0-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

19 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I'm confused as to how, after months away and months to prepare, a team comes out so listless, so effortless, so unfocused on playing a game...please play with some effort and intent PLEASE.

They were more concerned about playing an extra national anthem….

35 minutes ago, GATA said:

Imagine rooting for a softer, big loser energy duo than Nebraska men’s basketball and football. 

I yelled G A T A in fact from 300 lvl tonight. Needed some grit. Didn't help that they didn't run a set or offense all night, try to pass ffs.

First test ❌ fail.

40 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I yelled G A T A in fact from 300 lvl tonight. Needed some grit. Didn't help that they didn't run a set or offense all night, try to pass ffs.

First test ❌ fail.

Test?  This was more like the homework before the test where you have examples to go off of at the top of the page.  And we still failed.

Had some time to gather my thoughts.

long drive back up to Omaha. I’ve seen that movie before. As soon as we missed the second free throw, I said “we’re going to lose…”

Im a diehard and dedicated fan who makes the commute from Omaha. I get permission to leave work early so I can make the 6pm tipoffs. 
I’m going to have a hard time sitting through 17 or however many home games are remaining if that’s what I’ll see.  No fire or passion. Very little energy. Very little effort on the boards. Didn’t see too many guys box out. I taught my upward first graders how to box out. It can be taught.  But a player has to want to do it.

Verge and Bryce playing hero ball- yes they both got 25 - but took plenty of attempts to do so.

We need Exhibition Verge, not ASU Verge.

Wish Hoiberg would’ve called a TO after the 5th or 6th example and adjusted the offensive attack. Way too stagnant by the other guys.

My son had the quote of the night “I wish you could put Trey’s motor in Bryce’s body”

And finally: Simon Says, Make your free throws down the stretch!!!

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Test?  This was more like the homework before the test where you have examples to go off of at the top of the page.  And we still failed.

I'm talking about the first time your team feels adversity. And I could see it in the building. Sorry I wasn't more CLEAR

Believe me, the conference will give us plenty of those later on. Won't have to wait that long even.

Pretty disappointing night for sure.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Western Illinois (0-0) vs. Nebraska (0-0) Game Thread