Fans

Huskerpapa

The LJS  provided a nice overview of the team in today's paper. It included small tidbits of information such as Sam redshirting this year.

What caught my eye though, were the short articles on a few of our super fans.  Nicely done.

Now to my point; we have NEVER won a NCAA tournament game...NEVER...UGHHH!  Yet we have some of the highest attendance figures in college basketball.  Think about that.  Our fan base truly does rock! 

I once again will be at every home game starting Tuesday night.  I have been for A LOT of years.  

THIS IS THE YEAR! YA HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

"There's nothing better to do in Nebraska" is a common excuse I get from people outside of the state when they hear about our top 20 attendance in the nation.

Meanwhile, those are the same people who sit on the couch, then go to a bar to watch a game or meet up with friends, and then fall asleep on the couch at night. Hmm... I guess I wasn't aware Nebraskans were so deprived of such amenities.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

"There's nothing better to do in Nebraska" is a common excuse I get from people outside of the state when they hear about our top 20 attendance in the nation.

Meanwhile, those are the same people who sit on the couch, then go to a bar to watch a game or meet up with friends, and then fall asleep on the couch at night. Hmm... I guess I wasn't aware Nebraskans were so deprived of such amenities.

It gets tiresome, doesn't it, that most people have no concept what kind of city or how large Lincoln is. Having lived in Colorado for 23 years, Florida for 6 (felt like 60), Kansas for 4 and now Iowa for 5, I'm tired of trying to explain that Lincoln, as the 70th-largest city in the U.S., actually has things to do. And, yes, more things to do than Cedar Rapids, Coralville, North Liberty and Iowa City combined. Plus it's just 45 minutes to the country's 40th-largest city.

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

It gets tiresome, doesn't it, that most people have no concept what kind of city or how large Lincoln is. Having lived in Colorado for 23 years, Florida for 6 (felt like 60), Kansas for 4 and now Iowa for 5, I'm tired of trying to explain that Lincoln, as the 70th-largest city in the U.S., actually has things to do. And, yes, more things to do than Cedar Rapids, Coralville, North Liberty and Iowa City combined. Plus it's just 45 minutes to the country's 40th-largest city.

50 states, and little ol’ Nebraska has two cities in the top 70 for population? That’s pretty remarkable for a state with one of the lowest populations.

I’m deeply saddened to see that Steven Menke passed away.  Him and his wife sat right behind us.  We’d talk to them a lot.  Great people and die hard Husker fans.  I was looking forward to seeing them again for the first time since COVID and talking Husker hoops with them.  My heart goes out to Wendy and her family.

3 hours ago, jayschool said:

My condolences; Florida really is a miserable place.  Terrible weather (give me cold over 10 months of heat/humidity), terrible traffic, and terrible people.  Maybe there are some livable locations, but Miami and Orlando are cesspools and that's my frame of reference for the state.

23 years in Colorado is almost enough to make up for 6 years in Florida.  Almost.

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I heard this a LOT living in the Twin Cities & would just flip it on them. “So your saying the reason the Golden Gophers have sucked for decades is because there’s just TOO much to do”…!

10 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I’m hoping to make my first Nebraska basketball game since Oregon in Miles’ first season in March of 22 in some city hosting Nebraska’s first tournament win. 

Same! My last last game was in San Antonio. I just REALLY hope its not in Buffalo 😬 If it's in San Diego the pregame will be at my house. All are welcome 😀

16 hours ago, jayschool said:

There are many people out there that even think Omaha is just all corn. At that point, there's really no reason to even argue. They're too far lost in the head lol.