BTN Plus (Live Video Streaming) Primer

Red Don

Most everyone here knows that a lot of Husker Sporting Events not on broadcast tv are being live streamed.  Here is some information on how it works, how to access it, and what it costs that I hope is helpful for anyone who may want to try it out  (not all those trying out the one-time, free streaming for the MBB Exhibition game vs Colorado were completely sold, some mentioned watching on their computer which it caused it to freeze-up).

Anyway, for us WBB fans, The Women's Basketball Team was surprisingly good last season, exceeding expectations; and could very likely do so again this year.

This season over half of the Women's Basketball Games (18 of 29) will be carried by 'BTN Plus' video streaming. This is the ONLY way to Watch those games if you do not attend in person.

A subscription for video streaming costs $9.95 per month, for a single-school PASS (i.e. Huskers :wink:).  BTN + plays on a lot more platforms than a laptop or desk-top computer.  Several supplemental cable boxes such as 'Roku, 'Fire' and 'Apple,' and streaming services like SLING-TV, HULU, You Tube TV, DIRECTV STREAM, play directly on your big-screen tv.  (I use Apple-TV box which goes directly to big-screen tv;. Video quality is consistently good (Hi def) and no-freeze ups)
You can even watch on your 'Smart Phone' when you are 'on the go.'

There are some minor annoyances (but not video quality or freeze-up issues); like I can't seem to get the games to start exactly at the tip, and some of the time they resort to  'student' announcers for the game (but I usually listen to games with 'Homer' announcers via the HSN radio App; Syncing can sometimes be a problem but I can generally 'pause' one of the apps until pbp matches the action).

The number of games on BTN+ makes it cost effective to subscribe; 18 games over 4 months ($40), just a little more than $2 per game, starting with the Exhibition Game on Nov 1st vs Midland (already played, but you can re-watch it), and the Season Opener vs Maine on November 9th. (I'm also sure nobody wants to miss the all-important Creighton game on Nov 17th).

You can Replay Games from the archive, and also watch all other Husker Sports that are being shown on BTN+ (such as Women's Volleyball and the 4 or so MBB games that will be shown on BTN+).

It is easy to sign up with a credit card at the link. The subscription renews automatically each month (on the day you originally signed-up) so you Must Remember to Cancel your subscription after the WBB season; Or, if you do not want to continue at the end of the month.

https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment

(EDIT:  Just a hint.  If you decide to subscribe, sign-up  through BTN.  Since I use apple-tv I signed up once through the Apple Store, they just act as a 'middleman'  and sends your subscription to BTN.  The result is it is more difficult to CANCEL when you want to because you also must 'cancel' through the apple store.  BTN is easier to cancel.)

WBB Video coverage 2021/22
18 - BTN Plus (including Exhibition Game)
7 - BTN
2 - FS1
1 - ESPN
2 - yet to be announced, or no video (The Dana on Mission Beach Holiday Tournament 11/26-27)

:Redface: So Sorry for such a long post;  Now if you'll excuse while I  :wink::     https://c.tenor.com/FWJo3TKav5cAAAPo/the-simpsons-nope.mp4

Edited by Red Don

Also, 

BTN + seems to start up better if you don't wait until game time to connect.

IE I usually sign in and connect a least 10 - 15 min before game time.  (Just leave it on until the game starts)   Could be there's too many trying to get on line at the same time. (there's other games playing at the same time to besides NU.)

:ph34r: ADDITION:

Just a hint.  If you decide to subscribe, sign-up  through BTN.  Since I use apple-tv I signed up once through the Apple Store, they just act as a 'middleman'  and send your subscription to BTN.  The result is it is more difficult to CANCEL when you want to because you also must then 'cancel' through the apple store.  BTN is easier to cancel.

Edited by Red Don