Creme and Voepel on wbb...

whoopdeedoo

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32538057/the-biggest-questions-women-college-basketball-entering-2021-22-season

"Expect Michigan State and Northwestern to be there; the Spartans should improve on last season's No. 10 seed, while the Wildcats aren't expected to be as good as last season's 7-seed. Ohio State should also slide back into the field. Those are the seven teams.

Finding that eighth team is difficult. Rutgers was a No. 6 seed and finished third in the Big Ten standings, but the Scarlet Knights suffered massive personnel losses. The rest of the conference has just as much catching up to do. Nebraska, with the addition of Oregon transfer Jaz Shelley and the return of leading scorer Sam Haiby, should have the best chance to get the Big Ten to its record number of tournament teams. But because their nonconference schedule doesn't provide much resume-building material, the Huskers will need to score a few upsets of the teams near the top the conference to do it."

Edited by whoopdeedoo

39 minutes ago, HUD said:

If you can't win against some of the better big ten teams you probably shouldn't be in the big dance.

understood, but sure was expecting a little tougher non-con schedule. it just may have helped going into big ten play. that's why i really hope no hiccups in the non-con (maybe 1?)

Non conference home schedule is not attractive enough for me to drive three hours to watch some of the games.  It might be a very sad day if this schedule prevents getting a tourney bid.  A bright view would be that he schedule allows the staff to mix and match to find the most effective rotation.

This should be a good year, but in any event if the energy and camaraderie during the exhibition is any indication, this is going to be a fun team to watch, regardless of the level of competition.  

BTN Plus seems like a good cost-effective alternative to watch the team develop (a subscription costs $9.95/mo) without the cost (and time) of the long drive.  (Plus you can re-watch it from their archives and I believe slow down the action to review plays.)

I'll post a BTN Plus primer to the main WBB forum before the next game in case anyone is not aware that you can live-stream games (18 of the 29 games will be on BTN + and the only way to watch unless you attend the game.)

Been watching BTN+ for at least a couple of years previous to the new season.  Have missed very few of the women's games.  Usually watch game replays there too if I have time.

Worth the cost.

And turn on BTN cable TV on the big screen, and watch BBlall there too, when the women are on....also the men's games....volleyball, etc. Can OD on the Huskers. Nice diversion when it turns to the cold of winter.

I figure it is going to take 9 and 9 conference to dance.  Near as I can tell not that W's and L's come with any kind of certainty, but on paper I see us 5 and 6.  This means 7 of the games are toss ups on paper.  Road to the tourney win more than 4 of the 7 and maybe 1 or 2 we are not supposed to win. 

The noncon. matters very little to me and to a certain degree easier may be better.  As youthful as we are this year win need a certain amount of confidence builders and also to figure out which player combinations really work well together.

I to would like to see 1 or 2 markee match-ups just to see where we are in the grand scheme of things, but for what ever reason that just really did not pan out this year.