2022-23 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Rutgers holds on, 58-57. Wisconsin drops to 7-9, just one game ahead of Nebraska and in 10th place.

The Race for the Bye

Wisconsin 7-9

Penn State 6-9

Nebraska 6-10

Games Remaining

UW: Iowa, @ Michigan, Purdue, @ Minnesota

PSU: @ Minnesota, @ OSU, Rutgers, @ NW, Maryland

NU: Maryland, Minnesota, MSU, @ Iowa

4 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Rutgers holds on, 58-57. Wisconsin drops to 7-9, just one game ahead of Nebraska and in 10th place.

The Race for the Bye

Wisconsin 7-9

Penn State 6-9

Nebraska 6-10

Games Remaining

I could see Michigan joining the race as well. They are 8-7 and their last 5 are vs MSU, @ Rutgers, vs Wisc, @ Illini, and @ Indiana. Of course the head to head over us makes it a bit tougher to pass them

Edited by MichHusker

1 hour ago, MichHusker said:

I could see Michigan joining the race as well. They are 8-7 and their last 5 are vs MSU, @ Rutgers, vs Wisc, @ Illini, and @ Indiana. Of course the head to head over us makes it a bit tougher to pass them

Possible. PSU and Wisconsin are the immediate focus. Let's see how the next week goes and regroup after the Minnesota game. I'm hoping tomorrow is not the classic Nebrasketball clunker we've all come to know and love.

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Possible. PSU and Wisconsin are the immediate focus. Let's see how the next week goes and regroup after the Minnesota game. I'm hoping tomorrow is not the classic Nebrasketball clunker we've all come to know and love.

True. Big ten outcomes are far less important if we can't take care of business tomorrow afternoon 

19 hours ago, jayschool said:

The Race for the Bye

Wisconsin 7-9

Penn State 6-9

Nebraska 6-10

Games Remaining

If our goal is the NIT, do we want a bye? Or would we prefer an extra win opportunity?

Of course the ultimate goal is the NCAA Tournament, which a bye would help the odds. But only from 0.1% to 0.2%... making up numbers, but you get my point.

3 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

If our goal is the NIT, do we want a bye? Or would we prefer an extra win opportunity?

If a 22-10 record leads us to having to play on the road in the first round of the NIT to Mississippi State, I don't know that any remaining possible record this year is going to have us qualify for the local YMCA tournament.

Anybody listen to Creighton basketball on the radio?  I happened to be on the road a few times this winter so I tuned in and it is hard to listen to.  John Bishop constantly complains about the officials and will not let things rest, calling them out by name.  I understand that he is representing Creighton and will be one sided, but man it is awful to listen to if you just want to hear a game.  I know at times Kent P can get caught up in the action but he knows when enough is enough but Bishop is hard on the ears. Last night's loss at home to Marquette was the topping of the cake if you heard it.

On 2/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, Navin R. Johnson said:

Anybody listen to Creighton basketball on the radio?  I happened to be on the road a few times this winter so I tuned in and it is hard to listen to.  John Bishop constantly complains about the officials and will not let things rest, calling them out by name.  I understand that he is representing Creighton and will be one sided, but man it is awful to listen to if you just want to hear a game.  I know at times Kent P can get caught up in the action but he knows when enough is enough but Bishop is hard on the ears. Last night's loss at home to Marquette was the topping of the cake if you heard it.

I listened to John Bishop for about 10 minutes once calling a Creighton game and had to immediately shut it off.  He has to be one of the worst ever to call games on the radio.  Everything you said it 100% accurate.  My brother is a huge CU fan and even he can't stand listing to John Bishop.  He said he's rather not listen to game at all rather than have to listen to him.  I'd rather hear fingernails across a chalkboard than have to listen to 1 second of him announcing a game. 

Edited by kldm64