2022-23 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, 49r said:

We played those turkeys at home last year...is this the one at T-Mobile Center?

That is correct.  This one is in KC at T-Mobile center.  I have my hotel room booked already but that is same night that NU volleyball could play for National Championship in Omaha as well and already have tickets for that also.  So not sure which I'm going to yet.

6 hours ago, kldm64 said:

That is correct.  This one is in KC at T-Mobile center.  I have my hotel room booked already but that is same night that NU volleyball could play for National Championship in Omaha as well and already have tickets for that also.  So not sure which I'm going to yet.

The Kansas State game might be our best shot to get to 6 wins for the season and bowl eligibility...oh wait, wrong sport.

20 hours ago, kldm64 said:

The schedule so far as we know:

Nov 7th - Maine

Nov 10th - Omaha

Nov 24th - ESPN invite

Nov 30th - Boston College

Dec 4th - at Creighton

Dec 17th - Kansas State

TBD - Queens Univ. of Charlotte

TBD - Arkansas Pine Bluff

TBD - at St. Johns

The Omaha game is concerning

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

This might be the worst home non-conference schedule ever!!!  And to make it worse, Queens isn't even part of the season ticket package.  

I'd have to verify, but if I recall many of Doc's teams had non-conference SOS schedules in the high 100s/low 200s.

I'm not opposed to it if it's going to get this team on the right track and prepared for a grueling conference season. It also helps to have context that we're 7-25 (2-18), 7-20 (3-16), and 10-22 (4-16) in Fred's first three seasons. We can complain that we're getting wins against scrubs, but we've complained a whole lot about losing for the last few years. I'll welcome some change.

We're playing in Queens (@ St. John's) .... and we're playing Queens .... 

I'm not entirely sure where I was planning on going with this, but I'm going to stop here before I type something stupid.

Queens went 30-4 last season and moves up to the Division I ranks in 2022-23, and is a member of the Atlantic Sun Conf­erence.

Hopefully Fred is going for his 30th career win at NU or already has 30 by the time this game rolls around, but I'm not sure he will. The home part of the non-con schedule blows, but we'd probably be lucky to surpass .500 against the entire non-con.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, 49r said:

Porter Moser.  Got that Creighton hatred for Nebraska going.  Should be looking to pour it on against us.

Also lost 6 seniors off an NIT team.  Would expect them to have hit the transfer market hard this offseason?

They pulled Grant Sherfield to run the PG position for them, who if you remember was the dude that hit the late 3 to beat us when we played Nevada in Lincoln. 

Hopefully Blaise is ready for Tanner Groves

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...