2022-23 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

36 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

JMO, but I think Baylor would have been a better fit on previous Hoiberg teams. I think his game is better suited to Creighton's style of play and Sam's game is better aligned with what we are doing this year. Good to see both of them having success.

Not that it really matters, but Baylor is the type of player that could fit into any system. And I think he'd be a perfect fit for a Hoiberg team. Because of all the established talent around him at Creighton, his role there is primarily to be a spot up shooter. He's in a funk right now, but he is an elite shooter with range beyond the NBA three point line. Can shoot off the catch or dribble. But he also has the ability to distribute and create for others. Very selfless. His vision and passing abilities are high level. Just doesn't really get to show that at Creighton with Nembhard being a pure point guard.

Aside from all that, he's the best rebounding guard in the country and has been the last three years. He averages 10 rebounds per game as a combo guard. He can help a team in so many ways and I actually feel that Creighton is doing him a disservice with the limited role they've plugged him into. Scouts see it, though. He'll likely be a second round pick in the draft. 

10 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Not that it really matters, but Baylor is the type of player that could fit into any system. And I think he'd be a perfect fit for a Hoiberg team. Because of all the established talent around him at Creighton, his role there is primarily to be a spot up shooter. He's in a funk right now, but he is an elite shooter with range beyond the NBA three point line. Can shoot off the catch or dribble. But he also has the ability to distribute and create for others. Very selfless. His vision and passing abilities are high level. Just doesn't really get to show that at Creighton with Nembhard being a pure point guard.

Aside from all that, he's the best rebounding guard in the country and has been the last three years. He averages 10 rebounds per game as a combo guard. He can help a team in so many ways and I actually feel that Creighton is doing him a disservice with the limited role they've plugged him into. Scouts see it, though. He'll likely be a second round pick in the draft. 

They turned him into Ray Gallegos and it's a waste

8 hours ago, throwback said:

Been a good non-con so far - faced some tough teams and a few cupcakes. But we can't focus on the weaker teams and their LLLLLLosing streaks. 

If NU can win tonight and beat Queens next week to get to 8-3, that's a strong non-con finish and sets us up how we want for 2023. 

"Final Four or Bust," for real. 😉

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Boston College upset Vs Tech

I hope we win enough games where I care about random other games and can pick which team I cheer for based on its (however minuscule) effect for Nebraska.

Florida state is playing Notre Dame on ACC network right now, and it’s a decent game. Could be the difference if we get into the tourney (mostly kidding)

On 12/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, Navin R. Johnson said:

Creighton gets back into form with RK back and beats Butler 78-56

Illinois gets pounded by Missouri 93-71

RK is taking over Gibbs' role of dirtiest player on Creighton.   He tackled Bridenbach at least 2 times in our game, and now just tackled a DePaul player.  At least they called a foul on him this time.

On 12/25/2022 at 5:04 PM, brfrad said:

RK is taking over Gibbs' role of dirtiest player on Creighton.   He tackled Bridenbach at least 2 times in our game, and now just tackled a DePaul player.  At least they called a foul on him this time.

This is a stretch considering Wilhelm was getting chippy with the KState bigs too. Not saying I don't like the emotion, but he's doing it to himself. 

1 hour ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Rutgers beat Purdue at Purdue tonight. Rutgers really should be 3-0 with wins against ranked teams on the road (Ohio State and Purdue) and Purdue should be 1-2 (with a loss to Nebraska). The Big Ten is tough

Rutgers has won 5 of their last 6 against Purdue. Steve Pikiell has the Painter blueprint down.