WBB Exhibition, (W, 87-42), Mon, 11/1 vs MIDLAND, @ PBA, 7:30 pm CT, BTN +

Red Don

Yes cayton is going to be important. She needs to drop the 3 and get to the free throw line more. She looked good shooting those. She has deff surprised me with how she has turned out

We have the girls to do a lot of pressure this year.  I think we in better shape. Could see teams in the bonus a lot this year for free throws

I believe all the threes were on purpose.  We outmatched them so badly down low that it was a mute point to do so.  I do not, however, believe they were expecting and 0-21 performance from the 3pt. line save Jaz and Ashley. 

My only take aways were this

1)  We are more athletically gifted.  I knew this before hand, though you don't know what it looks like until you see it on the court

2)  Ball movement seems to be much better

3)  Including the foul line we need to shoot much better than we did

4)  I would like to see our guards ratchet much more pressure than was shown.  If you have numbers, wear them out.

That's really all I got out of it.

I do think, based on some of the "Let It Fly" type videos we've seen, the 3 point shot will be a significant part of our offense.  We will need to do it more effectively, if we are going to open up the lanes for Sam, and others to attack the basket.   Having moved back the line to 22' 1 3/4", from the previous 20' 9", will take some getting used to.  

i had no problem with all the three's taken.....would have liked to have seen a few more drop (*cough cough* Ruby?😁). huskers definitely had good looks on those 3's.  did give huskers a chance to work on rebounding. impressed with moriarity and weidner's athleticism and hustle. no doubt---markowski is impressive. jaz had some really nice passes. nothing against midland, but anxious to see some better competition. really can't take too much away from an exhibition game. 

like someone posted, hope coach sticks with that "hot hand" when it's there.......let'em play it out! don't need to follow the book on rotation. 

wish the maine game wasn't at noon. just have to watch the replay. i mentioned it before, but, matt coatney stated in an interview about a month or so ago, maine would be there biggest test in the non-con. not sure i agree, however it should be interesting.

The coaching staff does not concern itself with shot selection, never has. There is good and bad with this. Everybody plays loose and aggressive, which is good, but the players do not distinguish between 1st pass 3's vs 3's taken out of the offense after everyone gets involved. Does anybody out there look like they are hesitant to shoot, absolutely not. Some teams have everyone obsessing over what is and isn't a good shot, we take the opposite approach and go with all shots are good shots.  Of course in doing this, we take a fair amount of bad shots.