Game moved to Saturday at 1pm

TheKamdyMan

I recall a bad storm at the time of the Oklahoma game when Waymon Tisdale was a freshman, in the 80s.  Back then we packed 'em in for Big 8 games.  This crowd was much smaller due to the storm, but the PA announced that everyone could move down.  Those that were there were fired up, and it was a great environment.  Great game also.  We won, despite a great night by Tisdale.  I couldn't believe how good he was as a true freshman.  Sent a couple of Hoppen's shots into orbit.  One of the most fun times I ever had at the Bob.  Beating Billy Tubbs was rare but always worthwhile.

Today I think that game would be postponed.

Does anyone remember an NU game being rescheduled because of weather? Years ago I believe a Texas Tech game got cancelled because they couldn't get to Lincoln. I'm sure there must have been others.

yea oklahoma state in 07 and oklahoma in 2010 that was played the same day but tipped at like 7 instead of 1:30 or something since they couldnt get in on time with an ice storm

I will be going to the game with a heavy heart. Was going to be taking my girlfriend to the game. She passed away Monday night. My go big red yell will be a lot closer to a whisper.

My sincere condolences, Nighthawk.  Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Mine as well.  So sorry, Nighthawk.

Thanks guys. I'm having a tough time dealing. I've had such a strong outpouring of positive energy from friends and family. That is helping me cope.

That's totally understandable.  It'll take some time to find a new normal and it'll be tough for awhile.  Lean on your friends.  That's what friends are for.  Hang in there.  Those of us who have dealt with loss feel your pain. 

Best regards,

Norm

I am really, really, really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you are going through. I don't know how I would get through it and I'm sure you feel the same way right now.

But you will, somehow, someway, and someday, maybe this will make sense.

God Bless you, sending my thoughts and strength your way, too.

Let me and any of us know if we can help in any way.

Dave

As an add on if we would get into that 10th place spot our side of the bracket would look like this as of today.

Nebraska

Iowa                                      Winner plays Michigan State

Northwestern

Illinois                                    Winner plays Wisconsin

Now that would be something where 2 games could be winnable.  Hey I like that bracket, but it probably wont happen