2021-2022 KenPom Rankings Thread

49r

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

By the way, can anyone look up what the worst end-of-season Kenpom ranking has been for any Big Ten team in the last, say, 10 years?

How about worst of any Power 5 team?

I have a feeling we're nearing historic levels of futility.

I think @hhcmatt already answered your question.  But to go a bit further.  Nebraska's worst KenPom ranking ever in the past 10 years (or at least as long as I've been tracking it here which has now been...well...9.5 years) is 216 in the preseason of Miles' first year:

Do we beat that rating before the season ends this year?  Maybe.  Also, for the rest of Miles' tenure we spent considerably more time in the top 100 than out of it with long stretches in the top 50.  Peaking at #11 on January 15th and again on January 19th 2019:

Hoiberg's teams at Nebraska, in contrast, have been below 100 for at least 90% of the time.  The team's KenPom ranking peaked at #81 at the start of this season.  The lowest ranking of the Hoiberg era is #158 on December 13th 2019 (current ranking is #156 so we will most likely hit a new low tonight)

On 1/11/2022 at 5:48 AM, hskr4life said:

We are a must not lose no matter where you play them team.  Unfortunately.

We’ve fallen all the way to 219 in the NET standings.  That means we’re a Quad 3 loss if you play us in Lincoln and a Quad 4 if you play us at your place.  So either way, we’re a team you can lose to if you have NCAA hopes.

We’re also only 21 spots away (240) from becoming a Q4 loss no matter whether you place us here or there.   Now that is sad.  We’re smack dab in the middle of San Diego and Cal Baptist in the NET.  We’ve got a long way to go to get to bubble territory………

Just reading this...only confirms what my heart already knew 😭

19 minutes ago, 49r said:
19 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Noooooo! Don't tell Jimmy we're hitting a new rock bottom tonight!

We did it fam!

159 Nebraska B10 6-11 +0.39 103.2 184 102.9 157 72.9 20 -.046 261 +4.38 54 105.6 64 101.3 61 -4.68 304

I'd like to thank my family and friends who have supported me in accomplishing this goal. But most of all, I'd like to thank Bill Moos for spending cash faster than a teenager at an arcade and running when times got tough. You've made all of this possible.

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Please let this sink in: This is St. Thomas' first year in Division I after making the jump from Division III.

game-of-thrones-tommen.gif

My reaction was that "hahahahaha....oh dear lord, no...(sob)"

Matty A's got his work cut out for him. Detwah (No)Mercy is a tough program to recruit against. But dammit, I'm tired of 217! It's time we tasted the sweet fruit of 215, baby! 

37 minutes ago, 49r said:

Missouri just got doubled up by Arkansas 87-43 last night.  They're KenPom #171

aaaand ....

oBasHSXv_bigger.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Missouri has let go of basketball head coach Cuonzo Martin. This comes after a 7-8 current season and 73-64 overall record at Mizzou. Cornell Mann will serve as Interim coach for the remainder of the season.

20 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

aaaand ....

oBasHSXv_bigger.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Missouri has let go of basketball head coach Cuonzo Martin. This comes after a 7-8 current season and 73-64 overall record at Mizzou. Cornell Mann will serve as Interim coach for the remainder of the season.

This didn't actually happen. This is a joke account that becomes plausible after a team puts up 15 points at halftime.