NU Pro Day

9 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Would our fan base turn that down? IMO I think some on here would look at that as a success.

I was going to end my post with something along those lines.  I think our fanbase would be ecstatic if we made it to the tournament.  If we win a game and get that monkey off our shoulder that would be the icing on the cake.  But given the level of talent we've been attracting, I think we are going to have lots of opportunities to get that first tournament win.

10 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Honestly... I am kinda disappointed to hear the 16-18 games won, NIT expectations I've been reading. We have depth, a one-and-done talent, and plenty of major conference experience. We literally have no excuses this year. B1G is not as good as it was last year (it's good, don't get me wrong), a competitive but certainly winnable non-con schedule, and we have plenty of other pieces and experience. 

I personally consider anything short of an NCAA tourney birth a definite disappointment. 

It seems like national media are discounting all the crap this team had to endure last season, being locked-down and not able to practice, then having to struggle through the compressed schedule.  Last season's record is pretty meaningless.  Going through something like that could break a lot of teams but it feels like our guys have been galvanized by it.  In every interview, Bryce like the most humble 5-star player in the country.  We have a lot of high-character guys and everyone sounds bought-in to a team-first mentality.  I look forward to surprising a lot of people who've been on the outside looking in.