Don't Make Me Do This (Scrimmage Summary)

20 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Wasn't able to attend the scrimmage.

So . . . what degree of exaggeration/hyperbole/joking-around vs. kernel-of-truth is wrapped up in this statement: "Yes, Wilhelm Breidenbach will play this year and yes he's probably the greatest pick-up in Nebrasketball History. As soon as he signed his LOI looking through his thick goggles the program changed."? 

Well I thought the next topic was the punchline for the set-up but maybe I need to stick to my day job. 

18 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Secondly, who are/is the leader.  My guess is that it is Trey and/or Walker?  But could it be Verge or Kobe?  Worse case scenario---will we have a fractured team?  

Yet...so many feel good moments and there is a significant upgrade in depth and talent!

I have heard that Verge demands respect and attention when he walks into the locker room. And he is a far more natural lead ball handler/point guard than Trey is. I was never happy/comfortable with Trey as our PG. But I think he was.....

23 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I have heard that Verge demands respect and attention when he walks into the locker room. And he is a far more natural lead ball handler/point guard than Trey is. I was never happy/comfortable with Trey as our PG. But I think he was.....

I felt way better about our outlook when Verge signed on.  Still not 100% on Verge as a playmaker for others but some of the practice clips make him look like he can pass a bit.  At first I thought he was just a better version of Kobe (a scoring PG).  Trey can play the point but that doesn’t mean he is a point guard.  He is more of a combo guard who can spell at the point but you don’t want him as your primary ball handler.  At least that is what my eyes tell me.

25 minutes ago, busticket said:

I felt way better about our outlook when Verge signed on.  Still not 100% on Verge as a playmaker for others but some of the practice clips make him look like he can pass a bit.  At first I thought he was just a better version of Kobe (a scoring PG).  Trey can play the point but that doesn’t mean he is a point guard.  He is more of a combo guard who can spell at the point but you don’t want him as your primary ball handler.  At least that is what my eyes tell me.

Our offense just doesn't allow you to be a bad offensive teammate. Or you end up off the team or on the bench halfway through the season.

I think Verge has way better vision and understanding of angles needed to create/distribute. He is a bit of a "scoring PG," but I trust Coach Hoiberg to create buy-in and get him to where we need him to be.