Paper Season Tickets

oly_10

8 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Will have to check with my dad.  Question...did you all get a single parking pass electronically or are they doing those per game as well? 

I bought a parking pass through Park and Go and usually they just send you a "credit card" that has the whole season loaded on it and gets you in the garage on game days.  I get parking my volleyball tickets and they just sent me mobile parking pass for each game.  

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

I bought a parking pass through Park and Go and usually they just send you a "credit card" that has the whole season loaded on it and gets you in the garage on game days.  I get parking my volleyball tickets and they just sent me mobile parking pass for each game.  

nice.  My dad and I park in the open lot behind the post office.  We used to get a pass per game, but wasn't sure if that was the same process with digital. No card for us...we just gave the pass to the guy at the gate. 

N

If you got e-tickets the parking passes are electronic also.   The come with the tickets and you just show the person your phone with the QR code for them to scan at the parking entry.   Has been that way for volleyball and football and that is how the basketball passes have come as well.   You can transfer them with your phone just like you can transfer the tickets.   We share season tickets for all the sports among a big family group and have found the eticket system to be very easy and efficient. 

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Why would they be anything else?

Have not seen the basketball tickets - but in the past they have been color printed with some sort of design.   Football tickets were more colorful and elaborate.   This year the printed versions are very small and vanilla.    Maybe because the original plan was to not do paper tickets at all and when they changed direction on that to allow paper tickets they did not have the time or the budget to do anything fancier.   Another possibility is that keeping them simple is just a further step toward weening people off paper tickets.   FWIW we went the eticket route this year mostly because I knew it was going to come eventually so thought we would bite the bullet.   Turns out that I like it alot.  Much easier to transfer tickets to other people that way so it is great if you share tickets in a group.

As someone who has been around paperless tickets for many years now, I think it's worth noting that the Husker athletic department knows if you're selling every single season ticket you own. At some point, you might get notified that your seats are revoked (because you're not actually going to the games).

This doesn't affect 99% of people, but they do have the ability to know where and how often their tickets are being transferred. Would hate to see any loyalists on this board lose their tickets because of that.

I get that they would have that information - but transferring the tickets doesn't mean they are sold - lots of people share tickets or just give them to their children etc most of the time.   Also FWIW pretty sure the ticket office is aware that many people sell their season tickets to others.   I know people who have been buying season tickets from others for over 20 years - both in football and basketball.   I don't think that would be news to anyone in the ticket office.   Would be pretty unreasonable for them to change their position on that now.

1 hour ago, HuskerBB said:

I get that they would have that information - but transferring the tickets doesn't mean they are sold - lots of people share tickets or just give them to their children etc most of the time.   Also FWIW pretty sure the ticket office is aware that many people sell their season tickets to others.   I know people who have been buying season tickets from others for over 20 years - both in football and basketball.   I don't think that would be news to anyone in the ticket office.   Would be pretty unreasonable for them to change their position on that now.

I'm just speaking on behalf of others that I personally know who have lost their season tickets for this reason. Each from different sports teams and different owners.

I'm not saying Husker athletics would do that, but just mentioning this for awareness.

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm just speaking on behalf of others that I personally know who have lost their season tickets for this reason. Each from different sports teams and different owners.

I'm not saying Husker athletics would do that, but just mentioning this for awareness.

Thanks for the heads up on this but not sure why the NU athletic office would care if you transferred or gave away your tickets to every game?  They have their money so it's not of their business what I do with the tickets.  They are marked as sold   

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

Thanks for the heads up on this but not sure why the NU athletic office would care if you transferred or gave away your tickets to every game?  They have their money so it's not of their business what I do with the tickets.  They are marked as sold   

Their motivation, if they ever did this, would be to reduce the scalping of tickets. 

The scenario would be if there are limited tickets and someone is purchasing them specifically to resell at a higher price. They're being responsible if they instead sell that to a person who is a fan who has purchased tickets to actually attend games.