Husker Hoops Press Conference

49r

30 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I'm not pointing fingers since I didn't see or hear most of the game, but am curious as to which players missed the crucial free throws for us down the stretch. I had hoped free throws might be a strength on this year's team and wonder who might be on the "free throw" team in a similar situation later this year when the other team decides to foul in order to get the ball back when behind.

Walker hits 2 free throws (great to see) at about 5 min 30 sec mark

Verge 1 of 2

Trey M 0 for 2

Wilcher 1 of 2

Verge 1 of 2

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Walker hits 2 free throws (great to see) at about 5 min 30 sec mark

Verge 1 of 2

Trey M 0 for 2

Wilcher 1 of 2

Verge 1 of 2

Trey missing the two inside a minute was the biggest back breaker.  If he even hits 1 it's a two possession game and we are likely talking about how we were lucky to squeak this one out instead of it being a demoralizing loss.  

25 minutes ago, Crush78 said:

Hoiberg says Edwards getting the start tomorrow.  Suprising choice considering he has been the 4th or 5th guy off the bench so far this year.

We certainly need rebounders, especially against a Idaho St team where it's one of the few things they're good at. We also probably need a glue guy with Trey out.

Capture.JPG

This play with about 2:30 left I could see developing like a car crash.  Shot goes up and I see Hawkins barrelling in from the 3pt line. WB is tracking it as well but Kobe, Bryce, and CJ are just sort of watching.  The shot from O'Connell is sort of bad and ricochets off WB's hands and Hawkins grabs it.  I have to wonder if Trey gets this ball if he's on the court.

I hope Edwards is part of the answer here.  We probably should give Lakes a spin at some point too.

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Looks like a decent portion of Trey's minutes might be allocated to Edwards and Kobe will probably get a chunk of minutes from Trey and Verge.

I would be interested to see a lineup with Bryce at PG, just to get the ball in his hands more. Maybe:

1- Bryce

2-Wilcher

3-Edwards

4- Mayen

5-Walker

12 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I would be interested to see a lineup with Bryce at PG, just to get the ball in his hands more. Maybe:

1- Bryce

2-Wilcher

3-Edwards

4- Mayen

5-Walker

In a perfect world he'd be our primary ball handler who drove to the hoop and sprayed balls out to guys.  At no point has he shown any capacity to do this.  His one assist on the season was a nice series of bounce passes between him an Eduardo on a drive.

11 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

1- Bryce

2-Wilcher

3-Edwards

4- Mayen

5-Walker

Verge 2.0

I know it is water under the bridge but missing on Chucky Hepburn really stings right now.

Edited by busticket

22 hours ago, Crush78 said:

Hoiberg says Edwards getting the start tomorrow.  Suprising choice considering he has been the 4th or 5th guy off the bench so far this year.

Good news imo.  The kid just needs some minutes because he has enormous upside as a defender and should be a good contributor on offense once he gets in the flow.  

• 4 months later...