2022 SG Jamarques Lawrence - LOI

• 2 weeks later...

I'll need to track some video down, otherwise

- Think he is somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4"

- Started attracting higher end offers after this summer

- Was supposed to go on a visit to DePaul but seemingly has cancelled that after the visit here

- Known as a shooter

51 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Any opinion/thoughts on this guy??  Seems like we are in driver seat.  

Dimes says the quiet part out loud:

On 9/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, hhcmatt said:

We offered. He is teammates with Simeon Wilcher

That's good enough for me.

I don't know the relationship off hand but it's pretty interesting to me that Sergio Wilcher is quoted about where Jamarques Lawrence is going to be visiting. 

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/10/04/five-star-simeon-wilcher-visits-nebraska-with-teammate-jamarques-lawrence-unc-up-next-for-wilcher/

Edited by hhcmatt
Wrong Wilcher

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't know the relationship off hand but it's pretty interesting to me that Simeon Wilcher is quoted about where Jamarques Lawrence is going to be visiting. 

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/10/04/five-star-simeon-wilcher-visits-nebraska-with-teammate-jamarques-lawrence-unc-up-next-for-wilcher/

I think you may have meant this, but it was Sergio Wilcher that was commenting on Lawrence's visits. So far we haven't actually heard from Simeon regarding his visit and just a tweet from Jamarques.

Edited by hugh42

The hard part of this is figuring out how many guys we will have coming back and thus how many scholarships we need to fill.

Do we have 12 guys coming back? 10? 8?

If I had to take a number I'd probably guess 10.

If we have just 10 guys coming back, then we probably have a need for a SG. 

He's a shooting guard who is known for shooting/shooting from outside. This is the minimum requirements for us to successfully execute the type of offense we want to run.

Otherwise I can't seem to find video of him playing in the last year so it's tough to know what to think other than his lack of power-5 offers would make one hope we got in on the ground floor. Just naturally harder to get invested in an unknown quantity like this.

Seems like all the recruiters think he's coming here.  We shall see. 

Lawrence had 20 points and 6 treys in this game.  He is number 10 and you see 1 shot at the 28-29 second mark.    The rest of the highlights are about 2 of his teammates.   Looks like he is primarily a floor spacer type.   Can't leave him alone.  

Here is video from his soph year when he was with Plainview.   Number 10 in white

Edited by REDitus