2022 Baseball

HuskerFever

Part of the problem lies in that no good southern teams will come up north to play… in most cases.  So you’ll end up with a bunch of tough road/neutral series.

Rutgers should have been in, despite their resume I think.  44-15.  Give them a shot.  Ole Miss was 32-22 with a losing conference record for crying out loud.

43 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Looking a little deeper… Non Con SOS played a huge factor I think.  So even if you have to go on the road a bunch…. It might get you “dancing”

Hopefully this is a wake up call for them. A B1G team, that gets 600 fans a game, hasn't been to a regional in 15 years, and has 1 top 50 win - just isn't getting the benefit of the doubt on selection Sunday. They aren't gonna reward a team for beating up on NJIT, Monmouth, and the bottom of the B1G. B1G schools have 3 shots - schedule so you get a handful of top 50 wins OR win the B1G regular season title OR win the B1G tournament title. Rutgers despite having a damn good team, struck out on all 3 of the things they needed to do. 

20 hours ago, brfrad said:

Rutgers had 13,101 fans in 22 games.  They finished 1 1/2 games and tied for 2nd

By comparison. Nebraska had 16,495 fans in their final series with MSU.  They finished tied for 8th and missed the Big 10 tourney.

It prolly doesn't help that Butgers plays in a dump of a field.

Hypothetically speaking… if we did somehow finish top 2 in conference, we probably would have made it in.  If we didn’t win the B1G tournament… what are the odds they would have put us as the 3 seed in the OSU regional?

OSU, Arky, Neb would have drawn a nice crowd.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Weird move, Cam Chick. Apparently hadn't planned to get drafted. . . or is that still on the table?

The last I heard.  You could get drafted, you could negotiate a deal, and if you didn't come to an agreement by a certain date,  you could go back to school.  As long as you didn't sign with an agent. 

I am surprised by the moves of both Cam and Koty.  This past year was unacceptable and the price to play here is steep.  

But I go back to what I was told by a scout many moons ago, looking for talent south of the Mason-Dixon line is soo much easier and cost effective.  If you want to be seen, the south is the place to be.

I'm going to start this by saying I despise Notre Dame in almost every sport.  But, if they could beat Tennessee in the Super Regionals, I would be ecstatic.

I just saw the Tennessee batter get ejected on a borderline strike call, and being surprised he got ejected.  He yelled at the ump, took a few steps toward him and was still saying stuff.  It was a quick ejection,  but you can't argue balls and strikes. 

18 hours ago, brfrad said:

I'm going to start this by saying I despise Notre Dame in almost every sport.  But, if they could beat Tennessee in the Super Regionals, I would be ecstatic.

I just saw the Tennessee batter get ejected on a borderline strike call, and being surprised he got ejected.  He yelled at the ump, took a few steps toward him and was still saying stuff.  It was a quick ejection,  but you can't argue balls and strikes. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Losing the "core" of the program wasn't something that was expected.

From the beginning of the season there was a sense that this program was in peril.   The extent of which is mind blowing, especially when factoring in the previous season.  We will be watching an entirely new product on the field next season.