Talent

Huskerpapa

Hype and hope can be very cool...but perhaps we should see him play a few games, especially against tough competition before we anoint him a lottery pick.  There are a lot of studs out there who may have something to prove that may try to shoulder past him.  Just saying.

Edited by Huskerpapa

14 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hype and hope can be very cool...but perhaps we should see him play a few games, especially against tough competition before we anoint him a lottery pick.  There are a lot of studs out there who may have something to prove that may try to shoulder past him.  Just saying.

Yes. Once the season starts they will update the list about every week. Still pretty cool to have that notoriety. NBAdraft.net has, in my opinion, been the best mock draft site over the past 20+ years. 

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Yes. Once the season starts they will update the list about every week. Still pretty cool to have that notoriety. NBAdraft.net has, in my opinion, been the best mock draft site over the past 20+ years. 

Draft express has had the best percentage of correct hits. It’s why espn bought them out. 

On 9/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, cornfed24-7 said:

I mean if this happens we're dancing right?!?😃

It might not mean we are dancing this year (although I think we will be) but it certainly opens the door for future recruits to potentially come to Nebraska.  Fred and Matt have done an amazing job recruiting so far but if you show you can coach a kid into being a lottery pick, I can see us landing other 5 star recruits and one and done players in the near future.

11 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

It might not mean we are dancing this year (although I think we will be) 

Unbridled enthusiasm aside I agree. I think if this kid does end up a lottery pick after this year it will be because of coaching and we will be dancing. Obviously it will also mean he is extremely talented. I am not trying to say it will be coaching alone. 

I totally buy in to what Norm has posted about if this team makes incremental increases in aspects of there game we are a much better team. 

So if the coaches can turn this kid into a lottery pick then I have to believe they will also get those incremental increases out of the rest of the team and we are all a very happen bunch come March. 

As far recruiting. Yeah, if he can put two kids (one a lottery pick) in two years in the league...Its gonna be a fun little run and I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.

27 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Unbridled enthusiasm aside I agree. I think if this kid does end up a lottery pick after this year it will be because of coaching and we will be dancing. Obviously it will also mean he is extremely talented. I am not trying to say it will be coaching alone. 

I totally buy in to what Norm has posted about if this team makes incremental increases in aspects of there game we are a much better team. 

So if the coaches can turn this kid into a lottery pick then I have to believe they will also get those incremental increases out of the rest of the team and we are all a very happen bunch come March. 

As far recruiting. Yeah, if he can put two kids (one a lottery pick) in two years in the league...Its gonna be a fun little run and I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.

Forget about Banton...I think we have a chance to get two kids drafted after this year alone.

8 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I know nothing of draft projections. Who do you think the 2nd is? Because if we send TWO kids to the league this year not only are we dancing we're making a nice little run as well 😃

Verge almost signed a two-way contract. So if we can help him improve what teams want him to, he can get into the draft conversation as well.