Opening Night with Husker Hoops Set for October 1, 2021

hhcmatt

The men's and women's teams will scrimmage on Friday, October 1st at Pinnacle Bank Arena on what should be a big recruiting weekend ahead of the Northwestern football game on Saturday. The scrimmages will start at 7:30 pm with doors opening at 6:30 pm.  

After the scrimmages, the night will be capped off with a concert by G Herbo.

image.png

Fans can start registering for lower bowl tickets on Huskers.com/Tickets beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 8, at Noon. There is a limit of four general admission tickets per person.

View full article

Love bringing a guy like this in!

In February 2018, Wright and two other men were arrested after their limousine driver informed police that some of his passengers had weapons.[50] Wright was observed in the rear driver-side passenger seat placing a handgun in the seat rear pocket; it was a Fabrique National loaded with rounds designed to penetrate body armor.[50] None of the three had firearm owner's identification cards, and all three were charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.[50]

Wright was arrested in Atlanta on April 19, 2019, for simple battery after an alleged physical altercation with the mother of his child, Ariana "Ari" Fletcher. Fletcher shared her story on Instagram on Thursday, April 18, stating, "He kicked my door down to get in my house because I wouldn't let him in, beat the f**k out of me in front of my son. Then he took my son outside to his friends and had them drive off with my son, hid all my knifes in my house, broke my phone and locked me inside and beat the f**out of me again…"[citation needed] She stated there were physical signs of abuse as well, such as a black eye, and scrapes, cuts and bruises all over her body. Wright was released one week later on $2,000 bail.[51][52] Upon his release, he took to Instagram Live to discuss the altercation with Fletcher. In the video session, Herbo stated that Fletcher had stolen jewelry from his mother's house. Specifically he stated, "I've been quiet all this time. I ain't do no insurance claim or try to get you locked up. Nothing. You told me to come to Atlanta to get the jewelry back."

On December 2, 2020, Wright and several associates, Antonio "T-Glo" Strong, Wright's promoter and manager; South Side rapper Joseph "Joe Rodeo" Williams; and alleged co-conspirators Steven Hayes Jr., Demario Sorrells and Terrence Bender, all from Chicago, were indicted on 14 federal charges that included wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft, in a federal court in Massachusetts.[53] It was alleged that Wright and his associates charged expensive trips, bought designer puppies, rented luxury villas in Jamaica, private jets, and all of these luxury services and purchases were from using stolen identification.[54] It is alleged that the fraud amounted to millions of dollars over a four-year period dating back to 2016.[55][56] Wright has maintained his innocence and according to his management team, he "looks forward to establishing his innocence in court".[44]

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Love bringing a guy like this in!

In February 2018, Wright and two other men were arrested after their limousine driver informed police that some of his passengers had weapons.[50] Wright was observed in the rear driver-side passenger seat placing a handgun in the seat rear pocket; it was a Fabrique National loaded with rounds designed to penetrate body armor.[50] None of the three had firearm owner's identification cards, and all three were charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.[50]

Wright was arrested in Atlanta on April 19, 2019, for simple battery after an alleged physical altercation with the mother of his child, Ariana "Ari" Fletcher. Fletcher shared her story on Instagram on Thursday, April 18, stating, "He kicked my door down to get in my house because I wouldn't let him in, beat the f**k out of me in front of my son. Then he took my son outside to his friends and had them drive off with my son, hid all my knifes in my house, broke my phone and locked me inside and beat the f**out of me again…"[citation needed] She stated there were physical signs of abuse as well, such as a black eye, and scrapes, cuts and bruises all over her body. Wright was released one week later on $2,000 bail.[51][52] Upon his release, he took to Instagram Live to discuss the altercation with Fletcher. In the video session, Herbo stated that Fletcher had stolen jewelry from his mother's house. Specifically he stated, "I've been quiet all this time. I ain't do no insurance claim or try to get you locked up. Nothing. You told me to come to Atlanta to get the jewelry back."

On December 2, 2020, Wright and several associates, Antonio "T-Glo" Strong, Wright's promoter and manager; South Side rapper Joseph "Joe Rodeo" Williams; and alleged co-conspirators Steven Hayes Jr., Demario Sorrells and Terrence Bender, all from Chicago, were indicted on 14 federal charges that included wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft, in a federal court in Massachusetts.[53] It was alleged that Wright and his associates charged expensive trips, bought designer puppies, rented luxury villas in Jamaica, private jets, and all of these luxury services and purchases were from using stolen identification.[54] It is alleged that the fraud amounted to millions of dollars over a four-year period dating back to 2016.[55][56] Wright has maintained his innocence and according to his management team, he "looks forward to establishing his innocence in court".[44]

You focus on his downfalls but don’t give any light to the money he gives to his community where he turned an abandoned school into a community center to help keep kids off the street and get jobs for adults and the amount of money he donates to charity to help people that suffer from PTSD and mental health. Plus the amount of stuff he donated to prisons during the pandemic to help all workers for cleaning supplies and masks etc. 

6 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

You focus on his downfalls but don’t give any light to the money he gives to his community where he turned an abandoned school into a community center to help keep kids off the street and get jobs for adults and the amount of money he donates to charity to help people that suffer from PTSD and mental health. Plus the amount of stuff he donated to prisons during the pandemic to help all workers for cleaning supplies and masks etc. 

I wonder if there’s anyone who’s ever done good things without beaten women we could bring in?

8 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Man this fan base has some outdated thinking. This is how you win recruits. Kids simply do not care about this stuff.

There is more music out there today than ever before.  He's not asking for Fleetwood Mac here, he's asking for someone of similar pull who would provide the relatively insignificant boost to recruiting that doesn't have a domestic violence section in his or her wikipedia page. From what I can tell, we accomplished that when we brought in Rick Ross.

12 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I wonder if there’s anyone who’s ever done good things without beaten women we could bring in?

The team was given multiple rappers to choose from and this is who the team chose.  It may not be something you like but this is not meant for you or me for that matter, its all for the players and recruits. 

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

There is more music out there today than ever before.  He's not asking for Fleetwood Mac here, he's asking for someone of similar pull who would provide the relatively insignificant boost to recruiting that doesn't have a domestic violence section in his or her wikipedia page. From what I can tell, we accomplished that when we brought in Rick Ross.

You do realize Rick Ross is his stage name which is named after a notorious drug dealer. He was also charged with kidnapping and assault a few years ago. Good luck finding a rapper with a spotless record. 

Again a % of the Nebraska fan base is out of touch with these kids reality.

46 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

You do realize Rick Ross is his stage name which is named after a notorious drug dealer. He was also charged with kidnapping and assault a few years ago. Good luck finding a rapper with a spotless record. 

Again a % of the Nebraska fan base is out of touch with these kids reality.

I certainly didn't say that a spotless record was a requirement. 

11 hours ago, millerhusker said:

The players voted on who to bring in for the concert. No sense in arguing about this. 

What would you and @TheKamdyMan even say I’m arguing? You think I’ve changed my opinion that I don’t support having people come in with records like this? Like, nothing I’ve said is an argument. I can not like this, lol. 

23 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

The team was given multiple rappers to choose from and this is who the team chose.  It may not be something you like but this is not meant for you or me for that matter, its all for the players and recruits. 

Is this an adidas deal?

41 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Hip Hop sales passed “Rock” sales for the first time ever a couple years ago, so it looks like it’s here to stay. Curious to see how the teams will be drawn up...

That hip-hop hogwash...

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/09/10/nebraska-fans-turn-down-hip-hop-hogwash