2023 SG Parker Friedrichsen -> Wake Forest...for now

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

This is totally unsurprising, by the way. He had so many opportunities to commit to Nebraska that, if he was going to do it, he could have and would have done it long ago.

I'm officially moving him to the "I really don't care about this kid" category. Not wishing him ill. Just not wishing him anything at all.

Parker who?

Understood. I hope the kid does well, for obvious reasons that I personally know his father, who's from my hometown. P5 seems to be a really good dude, same for their whole fam. It's been a whirlwind for them, too.

2 hours ago, HuscurAdam said:

No disrespect to Parker, but is this a small-class in OK?  The quality of the opponent looks like a below-average team for my son's middle school league in Omaha (OPS). 

Well damn, it looks like this ship has sailed again.  Anyway, to answer your question they are class 6A, the largest in Oklahoma.  Horrible basketball history.  It is the best football school in Oklahoma by a wide margin.  

10 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Hope we didn't spend a lot of time on the kid this time around.  As was mentioned above, don't wish him any ill will, just clear he didn't want to come here after the first two chances he had.  Next.

It seemed like he was a near lock coming here initially the way he talked about his feelings and connections to Nebraska.  Very disappointing that he didn’t want to come here in the end.

• uneblinstu changed the title to 2023 SG Parker Friedrichsen -> Wake Forest...for now