2023 SG Parker Friedrichsen -> Wake Forest...for now

4 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Sure looking like a Notre Dame commit.  Really thought we had a good shot at him.  Still pretty amazing we are a finalist for kids of this talent level with our record the past 3 years.  

Remember when his his recruitment started he was a skinny kid with barely any D1 offers who was a huge Husker fan and wanted to unofficially visit.  Fred showed him respect and kindness and let him make the visit and by all accounts he had a good time.  

Kindness and treating people right still carry weight with some people, and I’d argue those are the type of people we want to build our program with.  

Now if our record wasn’t complete garbage the last three years we could probably close the deal!

• 3 months later...

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/basketball/notre-dame-basketball-coach-mike-brey-to-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season

Third time's a charm? 

Honestly, I don't know what will happen, but this could re-open Parker AGAIN. As well as Brady Dunlap (who I REALLY like). If they promote in house though, who knows. 

18 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/basketball/notre-dame-basketball-coach-mike-brey-to-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season

Third time's a charm? 

Honestly, I don't know what will happen, but this could re-open Parker AGAIN. As well as Brady Dunlap (who I REALLY like). If they promote in house though, who knows. 

We hired Barry Collier; Notre Dame hired Mike Brey.

Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ughhhhh.  

Phone rings...

Fred answers...Hello

Hey Coach, this is Parker...long silence...

You know, Parker Friedrichsen...you were recruiting me.

Fred - oh yeah, you left us standing at the alter...twice.

Parker - yeah, about that...sorry.  Sooo, is your offer still available???  If so...

Fred - long silence - click.

Edited by Huskerpapa