2023 SG Parker Friedrichsen -> Wake Forest...for now

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Hate to jinx us but this kid seems like a lock. Saw both Virginias' mentioned as interest... how about we tell them to blow off?

Treat him as not being a lock and being a priority recruit. They have an advantage but they certainly cannot take it for granted. 

Selfishly(dad a friend of mine from high school), and not selfishly, this would be awesome for #Nebrasketball.  He would automatically step in and be one of the best shooters to play here in a long while.  Growing athletic ability and strength to go with it.  He shoots that pure quick delivery, you aren't just hoping it goes in, you are surprised when it doesn't.  

19 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Parker, Simeon, Omaha. Anyone else?

That'd be a hell of a class there. I'd take it.

We seem to be in good standing with that gus  yaldon kid as well, depending on who we take this year we would definitely take those 4 I think.  It will be interesting to see who we go for in 2022 now that Traudt is off the market.  Do we carry a scholly over for 2023 or do we go for green, brown and Kohler for 2022?  We also seem to be one of the front runners for Isaiah west a 4 star combo guard out of Tennessee for 2023.  I suppose it all depends on who stays, leaves and where we need to go plug holes, but there seems to be plenty of high quality names out there that are giving us the time of day.

Edited by Keenan9595

17 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

We seem to be in good standing with that gus  yaldon kid as well, depending on who we take this year we would definitely take those 4 I think.  It will be interesting to see who we go for in 2022 now that Traudt is off the market.  Do we carry a scholly over for 2023 or do we go for green, brown and westry for 2022?  I read somewhere that Westry is OV’ing in a group with some of the 2023 guys, but I might have read incorrectly.  We also seem to be one of the front runners for Isaiah west a 4 star combo guard out of Tennessee for 2023.  I suppose it all depends on who stays, leaves and where we need to go plug holes, but there seems to be plenty of high quality names out there that are giving us the time of day.

I also forgot we got in early with that Dominic Barlow kid who had a meteoric rise to a 4 star on at least service.  

1 hour ago, Keenan9595 said:

I also forgot we got in early with that Dominic Barlow kid who had a meteoric rise to a 4 star on at least service.  

Is there any smoke or fire with the Barlow kid, though? I mean, I haven't seen anything. We have a spot. He's ranked 1 place below Isaac Traudt on Rivals 150. Seems like a kid to go after. But is there any relationship there? If there is, we should expect a visit soon as he's a 2022 kid; otherwise, don't figure we're involved with him at this point.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is there any smoke or fire with the Barlow kid, though? I mean, I haven't seen anything. We have a spot. He's ranked 1 place below Isaac Traudt on Rivals 150. Seems like a kid to go after. But is there any relationship there? If there is, we should expect a visit soon as he's a 2022 kid; otherwise, don't figure we're involved with him at this point.

I truly don’t know, his recruiting profile doesn’t show much activity even though he’s blown up with his rating and offers, just someone I know we had given attention to, it seems like maybe green and kohler are higher on the list since we got visits from both?  

57 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

I truly don’t know, his recruiting profile doesn’t show much activity even though he’s blown up with his rating and offers, just someone I know we had given attention to, it seems like maybe green and kohler are higher on the list since we got visits from both?  

Not that I would complain. I mean, we miss out on the #61 player in the class. It wouldn't suck to then fall into the #62 player. I'd be OK with that. Wouldn't feel like it was sloppy seconds.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, royalfan said:

Selfishly(dad a friend of mine from high school), and not selfishly, this would be awesome for #Nebrasketball.  He would automatically step in and be one of the best shooters to play here in a long while.  Growing athletic ability and strength to go with it.  He shoots that pure quick delivery, you aren't just hoping it goes in, you are surprised when it doesn't.  

Sounds like you need to get to work then. 

49 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Not sure how natural of a PG he is, but he can shoot the mess out of the ball and looks like a pretty good defender.  Hope we can land him.  

I think he plays point in HS just to have the ball in his hand because he’s just that good of a scorer. I think he’s an off guard that’s more of a shooting guard that can handle the ball if need be. 

10 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Picked up an offer from Creighton today after McDermott watched him workout this morning. He fits the blueprint for both schools’ systems to a T.

With his family members in Aurora, if he went to Creighton it would increase the number of Creighton fans in Hamilton County from somewhere near zero, to somewhere near five.