2023 SG Parker Friedrichsen -> Wake Forest...for now

Parker Friedrichsen is a 2023 guy.  Including him here for now, as the offer has not yet come.  He was offered by Illinois, Iowa, Ok. St, Va teach and many smaller school recently.  He is 6-4 shooting guard that is deadly from deep. Really hope he continues to blossom as we have inside track to land him if we want him.  I played with his dad who was a year younger than me at Aurora.  Tremendous guy and family.  

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/family-ties-make-nu-visit-special-for-2023-sg-parker-friedrichsen

He played 5 games yesterday in Indianapolis in biggest tourney of weekend.   Took 9 threes a game and made 68 percent of them.  Lighting quick release and pretty slick ball handler also with good feel for game.   Something that will be fun to keep an eye on.  

Edited by uneblinstu

37 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Parker Friedrichsen is a 2023 guy.  Including him here for now, as the offer has not yet come.  He was offered by Illinois, Iowa, Ok. St, Va teach and many smaller school recently.  He is 6-4 shooting guard that is deadly from deep. Really hope he continues to blossom as we have inside track to land him if we want him.  I played with his dad who was a year younger than me at Aurora.  Tremendous guy and family.  

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/family-ties-make-nu-visit-special-for-2023-sg-parker-friedrichsen

He played 5 games yesterday in Indianapolis in biggest tourney of weekend.   Took 9 threes a game and made 68 percent of them.  Lighting quick release and pretty slick ball handler also with good feel for game.   Something that will be fun to keep an eye on.  

I was wondering if you would include P5 here. He's received a lot of really nice offers recently. Very quick, efficient shooter. And their whole family wants him to be 'N' so it will worth watching to see how this transpires with Hoiberg & Co.

Are we waiting for an official visit to offer Friedrichsen? Offer him while he's here?

I mean, if he's good enough for Illinois ...

We've had an upturn in recruiting, but let's face it, we're not *that* good that we can be more selective than Illinois and Iowa. If he's good enough for them, he's good enough for us.

And, if this is where he wants to play, he ought to get an offer soon.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

OK, just read the link and see we didn't offer while he was in town. Find that curious.

That was over a month ago, the recruitment of P5 has blown up in the past few weeks. He has been killing it lately. NU needs to get with it, but I do think an offer is only a matter of 'when' not 'if'.

That picture makes him look shorter to me than he is.  He also has grown and become more athletic seemingly in a few months.  I saw a minute 30 video clip today on twitter and looks like night and day from sophomore high school clips to me.  I will try to dig it up and tell you the handle where I found it.  Struggling at the minute to recreate the find.  

This is a kid that you are somewhat stunned if he misses when reasonably open.  Also the type of kid that I could see other teams thinking he has been here about 8 years by the time he plays his 4, as he probably isn't a one or two and done type athlete.  

Side note, he is playing up a year in AAU ball.  Most of the players he is playing against are seniors to be.  He is a junior.  

Edited by royalfan

He’s getting the big offers he was hoping to garner.  Personally I really want us to offer this kid, and not just because he is a good three point shooter.  He badly wants to be here, which to me is the type of kid you want in the locker room.

Like Norm said, if he is good enough for Iowa and Illinois, he is good enough for us.

12 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

OK, just read the link and see we didn't offer while he was in town. Find that curious.

Looked again. That June visit was an UNofficial. They want him to come in the fall for an official for a football weekend, which it sounds like his family does plenty of anyway. At that point, I'm guessing we'll offer and expect a commit the same weekend.

Edited by Norm Peterson

13 hours ago, 49r said:

I agree Norm. If he’s good enough for them he’s surely good enough for us. I would expect an offer to come sooner or later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying we shouldn't offer this kid but to say "if he good enough for them, he good enough for us" is a real slap in the face to Nebraska Basketball and what we are trying to do.  Just because other schools have offered doesn't automatically mean we need to.  There are lots of reasons who you make offers to and when to do it.  And I don't think Nebraska should offer kids just because "he's good enough for Iowa and Illinois".  

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't offer this kid but to say "if he good enough for them, he good enough for us" is a real slap in the face to Nebraska Basketball and what we are trying to do.  Just because other schools have offered doesn't automatically mean we need to.  There are lots of reasons who you make offers to and when to do it.  And I don't think Nebraska should offer kids just because "he's good enough for Iowa and Illinois".  

I would be pretty happy if we could reach the level of Iowa or Illinois basketball.  They were a 2 and 1 seed, respectively in last years tournament.  Plus Iowa had the Wooden award winner.  It's hard to imagine us having aspirations higher than that.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Looked again. That June visit was an UNofficial. They want him to come in the fall for an official for a football weekend, which it sounds like his family does plenty of anyway. At that point, I'm guessing we'll offer and expect a commit the same weekend.

The other part is that we don't tend to offer guys we haven't seen play.  I assume that we were in Indy and saw him this weekend. You might be on something with waiting to offer him in person.

6 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The other part is that we don't tend to offer guys we haven't seen play.  I assume that we were in Indy and saw him this weekend. You might be on something with waiting to offer him in person.

Our staff wasn't listed among the 80-100 or so schools that were represented at the Indy 2k tourney.  I was quite surprised.  

• 1 month later...

Unoffically visited Lincoln back in June. 6'4 Shooting Guard. 4 Star recruits and #76 player in the Class of 2023 per Rivals. Top 2023 player in the state of Oklahoma. Plenty of Nebraska ties here. Could be a big time offer. Now he gets his own thread to go along with it.