Seat Yourself Process

kldm64

On 8/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, hskr4life said:

I’m not until Thursday.  Ughhhh

Same. The Usual. I haven't donated 1000's so I've never had priority. It's seniority and donation, but I'm just not made of money. Happy enough though to do my thing and get yearly season tix. Let's cross our fingers for tomorrow I guess

I mean during the SY process the last few years my ideal aim would be to get a move from where I am in 300 down to the sweet spot 200 level. That's all I'd need for the rest of my days, I love that view. Been down in the lower bowl a few times ofc so there's always better seats, but I'm happy if I ever get the upgrade to 200. Anyone wanting to swap I'd be interested as well. Idk. If not I'm happy to let be. Having tickets period is valuable, we all know in a few years it'll be higher demand. Gbr

1 hour ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I mean during the SY process the last few years my ideal aim would be to get a move from where I am in 300 down to the sweet spot 200 level. That's all I'd need for the rest of my days, I love that view. Been down in the lower bowl a few times ofc so there's always better seats, but I'm happy if I ever get the upgrade to 200. Anyone wanting to swap I'd be interested as well. Idk. If not I'm happy to let be. Having tickets period is valuable, we all know in a few years it'll be higher demand. Gbr

"We all know in a few years it'll be higher demand."  -- I agree.  The basketball program looks be on a steep upward trajectory.  Almost all the new recruits are Top 150 players or better.  It appears that future recruits will be Top 150 players or better.  It is NOT unreasonable to believe that this program will rise suddenly within the next 2-3 years and become the 'HOTTEST TICKET IN TOWN.'  Any of us that have tickets will be glad that we have tickets and will be very satisfied to set where we're at.  There will be MANY others without tickets that will be very envious of us with tickets to the best show in Lincoln.  (I am also a Husker football fan that has had season tickets.  I want them to do well -- but -- if they don't have a winning season -- many fans will jump off the 'football band wagon' and will be jumping on the 'basketball band wagon.'

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Quick question for anyone who knows.  Have a daughter who I’d like to take to a few games.  Is there an age # and under that doesn’t need a ticket or do children regardless of age need one?  

You do need a ticket.  If your child is under the age of 2 (or looks in the ballpark for that) you can get a lap ticket which is $5.  The only downside to this is you have to wait in line at the ticket office for this.  When I was in this scenario for a less popular game I'd buy a random 300 level ticket.   If you're ok with an older child sitting on your lap and the people around you are cool with it, this random ticket thing works pretty well.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Do we know what’s left for season tickets out there?

Here is the current situation...nothing but single seats in 100 & most of 200 level (everything but baseline).  Decent availability in the 300 level, but it is already pretty scattered for anything along the sidelines, except for the very top rows.  I'm confident it will sell out before SY ends.  

PBA seats2.PNG

I was hoping to add a couple of tickets in the 100 level.  Unfortunately nothing was available, so I picked up a few new tickets in section 201.  

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year and a half since we’ve watched a game in the PBA.  The season can’t start soon enough!

They did have a new rule this year that you could not add tickets if you already had 8 or more.   We have a family block started by my parents who have had season tickets going way back to the years in the Coliseum.   We have had 8 since PBA opened and 2 years ago we added 2 more - best we could get then was 200 level when our time came up then.   This year there were quite a few 100 level seats when it got to us - midday yesterday.   My niece wanted to add 2 to our block but I was not able to do that - just moved the 200 level seats down to 100 level fairly close to where our other ones are located.   So just based on what we could do there seems to have been a little more demand 2 years ago than this year - but glad that it looks like most all of the tickets will get sold through this system (which FWIW works really well - have used it for football and volleyball too).    Personally I did not like that they would not let me add more seats to our account - but I can also understand why they wanted to add that rule.

Overall - this is a positive testament to Nebraska fans.   Most power 5 programs that are much higher profile than Nebraska don't come close to selling out their arena's with season tickets.

5 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

Overall - this is a positive testament to Nebraska fans.   Most power 5 programs that are much higher profile than Nebraska don't come close to selling out their arena's with season tickets.

Many years ago, back before PBA was even up for a vote, @nuled2dance, @unl and I said to each other, I hope one day it will be hard to get a ticket to NU hoops. At the time, it just wasn't the case. Frankly, there wasn't a need for season tickets... But when the construction of PBA was approved, I decided to get season tickets, hoping I'd get first shot at tickets in the new building. Turns out my hunch was right. 

Edited by uneblinstu
Quoted the wrong post. Can’t believe I bluejay’d it up so bad.

True - ublinstu in terms of more recent times.   But old timers like me remember full crowds in Devaney through the 1990's - and really before then as well.   Husker fans' support of NU basketball has generally been very good - particularly in comparison to the level of success.   I agree that was not necessarily true (or at least not as true) the last few years at Devaney - but NU Hoops was a very hot ticket in the 1990's and we had very good attendance before then as well.

17 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

You do need a ticket.  If your child is under the age of 2 (or looks in the ballpark for that) you can get a lap ticket which is $5.  The only downside to this is you have to wait in line at the ticket office for this.  When I was in this scenario for a less popular game I'd buy a random 300 level ticket.   If you're ok with an older child sitting on your lap and the people around you are cool with it, this random ticket thing works pretty well.

Lol will this work with a girlfriend sitting in your lap?  Asking for a friend.

50 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Oh, OK.  The lap seats are for people under 2. I was wondering. ;)

lol..it was that last sentence of the original post. "If you're ok with an older child sitting on your lap and the people around you are cool with it, this random ticket thing works pretty well."  I read that as older than 2 and with the random ticket...that doesn't sound like a "lap ticket" that sounds like just a regular run of the mill ticket.  So I wondered if the girlfriend using the random ticket and sitting in lap would work as well.  Sorry I got understood what I was staying but I didn't make it clear for others to understand.  :) 

3 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

lol..it was that last sentence of the original post. "If you're ok with an older child sitting on your lap and the people around you are cool with it, this random ticket thing works pretty well."  I read that as older than 2 and with the random ticket...that doesn't sound like a "lap ticket" that sounds like just a regular run of the mill ticket.  So I wondered if the girlfriend using the random ticket and sitting in lap would work as well.  Sorry I got understood what I was staying but I didn't make it clear for others to understand.  :) 

Yeah dude, a 4 year old. You will be ask to leave if you have two adults sitting in one seat.

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Yeah dude, a 4 year old. You will be ask to leave if you have two adults sitting in one seat.

lol..well I won't worry about it then.  Just keep going as is as at this point...I'm never going to be taking a kid to the games. 

Edited by Nighthawk

This is all so encouraging. People getting on or re upping once again or the millionth time... All here for the same thing! Family. Love the husker family.

Knock on wood ofc that old nasty uncle covid doesn't bite us this season again. Things not looking promising. Hope to get another booster or something in the coming months against delta, I think we all want, need our sports and other people. Lives are more important ofc, but goddamnit,  it's painful missing year after year of this. Need my nebraska🏀❤️GBR