Seat Yourself Process

kldm64

I think we're seeing that across the US and across the world. I'm sure there's many factors in play.

Some potentially COVID related, some may have reevaluated their entertainment budgets, others may be more comfortable staying home or find the value proposition of grabbing a six-pack some burgers and a TV much cheaper and more entertaining than going to the game, some may be voting with their season tickets and canceling them; there's likely so many factors at play.

But I also don't think this is a "last two years" trend. Viewership behaviors have shifted quite a bit over the last decade. Even Moos was complaining about people watching the football games on mobile phones while out on the golf course. I'm curious how the overall behavioral changes will end up once many of these major variables start to settle again.

13 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

But I also don't think this is a "last two years" trend. 

I agree, Husker hoops fans have been kicked in the teeth enough times to not let the last two years get them down. Plus, the future is VERY bright.

But Covid has changed the formula, along with more viewing options. A lot of people don't want to tie up their money if they think we're going to be canceling games again. Others (mostly older fans) may have decided they didn't mind watching from home, instead of going out into the cold. 

I still think we'll have great crowds, but I don't expect season ticket sales to be what they were.

I assume this is 100 level tickets.  I'd assume this is covid related because we're talking about an indoor environment and things changing on a day to day basis.

We'll see how many are left and what demand looks like once they open to the general public.

The "Seat Yourself" process doesn't start for basketball until tomorrow, according to this item on Huskers.com: "The Seat Yourself process for the 2021-22 Men's Basketball season will begin August 24 and will end August 27 (or before if all tickets have been sold prior to August 27)." 

And I'm not seeing anything that shows what seats are currently available.

What am I missing?

10 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I'm already in the 100 section but was hoping to move down closer to the court but my time isn't till 1pm today so not looking good I'll be able to do that.  I have great seats now but always looking to improve any chance I get.  

Any luck? I guess I was worried about losing my current seats if I did seat myself..  

12 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Any luck? I guess I was worried about losing my current seats if I did seat myself..  

No.  I'm pretty much at mid-court but was hoping to move closer to the court.  I was not able to find any better seats so just kept the ones I have.